Rasheeda Gray: #BLM 2020 The Year of Vision
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! Rasheeda Gray joins LuAnn in today’s #blacklivesmatter episode. Rasheeda shares her personal experiences in that we all may learn, benefit, and grow.
Rasheeda Gray is the owner and principal designer of Gray Space Interiors, a full-service design firm in the Philadelphia area. Launched in 2016, Gray Space is devoted to curating a client-focused, transformative, and seamless design experience. With over 75 residential and commercial projects completed, the Gray Space approach to design can be found at the intersection of creativity, functionality, and process.
Rasheeda’s path into design begins at the tail end of a fifteen year career in Marketing and Communications with the nation’s top insurance companies. She holds a Bachelors of Science in Marketing and International Business as well as a Masters of Business Administration degree (MBA) with a concentration in Marketing. Additionally, she holds a professional certificate in Interior Design from Temple University. Features include HGTV, Good Day Philadelphia, Elle Decor, Architectural Digest Pro, Designers Today, and more. Rasheeda is also the co-founder of Gray Real Estate Group, a real estate development company, along-side her husband, Jake and together they have two children, Jacob Jr., and Kennedy.
- Rasheeda shares from the heart – her experiences as a black woman, mom, wife, corporate leader, and designer.
- Here are Rasheeda’s ideas for action:
- Follow, support, and share the #sharethemic initiative, both the original movement founded by Bozoma St John and her colleagues and ingeniously brought to our industry by Albie Buabeng. Albie is on Instagram at Albie Knows so follow her for information and updates. To learn more about Albie, please go back to episode #348 when she was on this podcast.
- Vote, show up, make sure the people in government enact laws that result in real changes.
- Representation within our industry. Shelter magazines, live events, show houses, product licensing, product development, everything. Look around and speak up to the ones in charge when you do not see our black colleagues at the table.
- Donate to organizations who make it possible to make change. In the industry, Rasheeda mentioned Black Artists Design Guild and The Black Interior Design organization. Outside the industry consider the NAACP.
- And finally, do not let this be only a moment, a hashtag. Keep talking, keep learning, stay accountable, teach your friends and children so real change becomes a reality.
- Please consider where and how you will show up to support her and all of our black colleagues and friends.
Connect with Rasheeda!
Design-Build For Profit – Coming Late Summer / Early Fall!
With Jenny Slingerland of Black Ink Interiors
Get on the Email List HERE!
19hours The Blueprint – Mydoma Studio
July 15th, 2020
Buy Wholesale For Profit with Traci Connell
Stop Buying Retail and Start Making Maximum Profit
KICKING OFF July 22, 2020
Are You Interested in a 2 Million Plus Mastermind with LuAnn?
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “mastermind” in the subject line.
She’ll set up a call and see if it’s a good fit for you!
The first of 6 monthly meetings start in August, and there are 3 spots open!
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
A Big THANK YOU to This Podcast Sponsor:
Take Advantage of Kravet Inc.’s Extensive Digital Tools & 24/7 Customer Service.
Their popular visualization tool is now available on Lee Jofa Workroom furniture!
Other shows mentioned for shownotes, to link to and to tag in SM