Power Talk Friday: LuAnn Nigara: Should I Be Worried? The 26 Episodes You Should Not Miss
Welcome to another solo Power Talk Friday! We hope you’re ready for a really out-of-the-box episode today! This morning, as on most weekday mornings, LuAnn was reading the Dear Abby column. She’s often thought about it and wondered why she reads it because it’s such a crazy, mindless column. People write in with very real and heartbreaking problems and yet they are willing to wait for months to get an answer. That really boggles LuAnn’s mind! So, this morning, she was talking out loud and ranting about it, in the very same way she did at the LuAnn Nigara Live event last month when she got really upset about designers not charging their worth. Then she had an idea! Tune in now, to find out what she came up with.
Sometimes, in our businesses, when we know that things aren’t quite right, we pretend that it’s just not that big of a deal. So we avoid having the hard conversation or doing the hard thing. Today, LuAnn has come up with some of the top things she has found that we, as business owners, tend to convince ourselves are okay when they really are not. She has listed all the shows that go with these difficulties, so listen in today, to find out which action to take to correct each these problems.
- LuAnn reads this morning’s Dear Abby column.
- People tend to forget that they have a choice.
- LuAnn has no idea what it costs to run her business and she has no idea of the minimum billable hours that she must log each week. Should she be worried? Listen to Alinda Morris’ episode #429.
- Month after month I let my bookkeeper do everything, with no accountability, with no oversight on my part. Should I be worried? Listen to Andrea Schumacher’s lesson in episode #86.
- I don’t know how to talk to my CPA. Should I be worried? Listen to Peter Lang in episode #349.
- I really want to be an interior designer but I can’t get out of my day job. Should I be worried? If you want a plan to get out and do what you’re meant to do, listen to Cheryl Luckett of Dwell by Cheryl in episodes #291 and #397.
- I’m not really making any money in my design firm, but it’s only been a few years in business. Should I be worried? Listen to Kimberley Kay in episode #234, Cat French in episode #376, and Alyce Lopez, in episode #382.
- I don’t know anything about home staging but I’m a designer so should I be worried? Listen to Shauna Lynn Simon in episode # 84. Also, Taylor will be back at the end of the summer. They don’t talk much about home staging but if you missed her first show, listen to episode #106.
- Everybody says I should be doing video for my business but I hate it. Should I be worried? Listen to Arianne Bellizaire, in episode #20, talk about how she uses video in her firm and then listen to Claire Jefford teach you how to do it in episode #237.
- I don’t know my gross sales for 2018? I don’t know how to figure it out. Should I be worried? Listen to the shows with Michele Williams #180 #395. And her own podcast: Profit is a Choice.
- I run a business but I don’t take a salary, should I be worried? Listen to Kimberley Merlitti’s episode on what you really are earning with your hourly fee, in episode #361.
- I don’t have an email list. Should I be worried? Listen to Kae Whitakers show, episodes #’s 259 and #274.
- I know in my gut I need to re-brand and I want to but I’m afraid? Should I be worried? Listen to Kristen Thomas, episode #314 and Sandra Funk #145.
- I have a big dream for my business but I’m not sure it’ll work, so I do nothing. Should I be worried? Listen to Lori Weitzner’s episode #308 and Caitlyn Waite’s episode #284.
- I have an employee that I know is not a good fit but I’m afraid to have the hard conversation? Should I be worried? Listen to episode #101 with Joni Vanderslice, episode #364 with Janelle Photopoulos, and Eileen Hahn, episode #363.
- I’m a horrible salesperson. Should I be worried? Listen to Madeleine MacRae #315 and last Friday solo’s show #432
Previous episodes mentioned in this show:
LuAnn’s sales course: Sales For Creatives
LuAnn’s new book: LuAnn Nigara: Book2