Alinda Morris: A Successful Design Business Depends on a Firm Foundation
Welcome! Today we have Alinda Morris, of Alinda Morris Interior Design, located in Gig Harbor, Washington, with us. Although her firm is small, with Alinda and just one other employee, she’s running it like a bigger firm. She has her systems down, she has her practices binder, and she’s tracking her hours. In today’s episode, Alinda explains how she has become very clear and focused, in the last couple of years. This has really made a big difference for her in terms of peace of mind, profitability, project management, and the experience her clients have when working with her firm. Listen in today, to find out what Alinda has to share about the way that she’s set herself up for success with builders and other trades, and how she ensures the success of anyone that works for her.
Alinda Morris is a nationally published, award-winning interior design professional, habitual remodeler, adventurous creative, specializing in full service, luxury residential interior design. These include custom furnishings, unique kitchens & artfully designed bathrooms, attention to details, and clean, updated spaces are her specialties.
She is committed to her clients having a wonderful experience. She is widely admired for her ability to create, invent, explore, and innovate.
In addition to Alinda’s impressive versatility, ranging from minimalist restraint to traditional chic, client’s find Alinda’s passion for design infectious so that collaborating with her is a thrilling process as she works her creative magic in both visual appeal and functionality. Tune in now, for more.
- Alinda has her systems down pat, and her portfolio is really amazing!
- Some of the habits that Alinda has instituted in her firm.
- The challenges that Alinda faces.
- Great communication has always been very important for Alinda.
- The trail and error process that Alinda went through, for a few years, to find the best systems for her business.
- How Alinda helps her clients get a grasp on their design budget.
- Starting the design process with Alinda, through her questionnaire.
- Alinda’s firm is very client-based.
- The way that Alinda communicates with the builders she works with.
- Alinda talks about her detailed special best practices binder, for her interns, with examples of how she likes things to be done.
- Choosing the right font for your brand.
- About the check-lists Alinda uses.
- The things she brings in for photo shoots.
- Alinda shares her thoughts on the way she tracks her billable hours.
- Alinda knows exactly how many hours she needs to bill in order to cover her costs each month.
- Alinda describes her magnificent small boutique studio on the waterfront at Gig Harbour, Washington.
- Reinvesting profits back into her business.
- How Alinda creates the very best experiences for her employees.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode: