Power Talk Friday – Charlotte Safavi- Why Even An Interior Designer Can Benefit From a Professional Stylist On The Photo Shoot
We’re back with another power talk Friday! I’m happy to announce that I have Charlotte Safavi with me today. Charlotte is a London born, Oxford University-educated writer and stylist. She has written for national shelter magazines such as Better Home and Gardens, Traditional Home, House Beautiful, HGTV magazine, Southern Living, New York Cottages and Gardens, Lux Interiors and Design, Southern Home and many more.
I am looking at this list that Charlotte has been published in and think of how many times I have read those same lists for each of the interior design guests we have had on the show. Today we are going to look at it from the other side, the writer side.
- What makes Charlotte’s niche different than other stylists for magazines?
- Why did she decide on this niche?
- What does she do in her scouting for a shoot?
- What might be some suggestions that Charlotte would give the designer or photographer?
- When should a designer use a team like Charlotte’s team for their projects?
- What are some ways that Charlotte approaches a project when scouting?
- Why is it important to have a narrative or thread to a project?
- How can a designer keep the narrative or thread going through a photo shoot?
- What are some ways to stage a project to attract that client you want?