Joni Vanderslice – Principal of J. Banks Design – Resort is Home & Home is Resort- another firm that reinforces niching as a path to success
Before I introduce our guest on the show today, Joni Vanderslice I have a big announcement!
I am happy to introduce a new sponsor to the show: Mydoma Studio. If you remember a couple of weeks ago we had Sarah Daniele, the CEO of Mydoma Studio who told us about her company, how she came to found it, and all the features it has for you to help run your interior design projects more efficiently. If you missed that show you should go back and listen to Sarah and all about Mydoma Studio! In the meantime, thank you Mydoma Studio for recognizing these fabulous interior designers that we have here at A Well Design Business.
As I said we have Joni Vanderslice with us today and she is the owner and president of J. Banks Design Group in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Joni founded her firm thirty years ago! Since then she has nurtured the Hilton Head Island-based operation into an internationally recognized force of residential and resort design. J. Banks Design takes on a global portfolio of projects that translates resort living to home and home living to resort-living.
- How many people are in her firm and how many interior designers does she have working for her?
- How did she get started?
- What is a catalyst in business and why is it important to have one?
- How did Joni’s consultant help her with her firm?
- How should you write a job description?
- How did she use a philosophy of using gifts to build her firm?
- How should you mentor new interior designers?
- What are the “words”?
- What are the other people at the firm doing that are not interior designers?
- Are the jobs at the firm mostly full time or part time?
- What does Joni’s day look like at J. Banks every day?
- How often does she have meetings with her team?
- What is the Valentine Project?
- How is Kravet Inc. helping with the Valentine Project?
The rest of the show notes are in our resource center: Window Works.