Window Treatment Friday: Exploring Awnings as an Additional Revenue Stream
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! It’s WTF, Window Treatment Friday! In today’s episode, LuAnn and her friend and co-host of WTF, Vita (Vitalia) Vygovska, explore how custom awnings can be the answer that your clients are looking for and the solution you need for your business and its profitability.
Vitalia Vygovska (Vita for short!), CWFP, MBA, is an award-winning window treatment specialist, author, speaker, mom, wife, and a ballroom dance enthusiast.
Her company, Vitalia, Inc, provides all-encompassing concierge-level, tech-driven fabrication, measurement, installation, and project management services exclusively for interior designers.
- Vita discusses how she arrived at her revelation that awnings could add revenue to her bottom line.
- Awnings are a creative up-sell that also serves a need for your client.
- Awnings are particularly desirable to high value design projects right now due to COVID-19 concerns because:
- more families are taking “staycations” this summer.
- being outside is a safe way to socialize.
- this can be a place to “work from home”.
- children can sit and do their homework, read a book, or enjoy the air being safely protected from UV rays.
- there is a reduction in energy costs by 25%.
- LuAnn covers entry-level price points.
- Interior designers should be interested in selling awnings if they’re decorating outside spaces, anyway.
- Reasons why awnings are superior to pergolas.
- Be aware that your window treatment specialists can help you with this.
- What you can do now:
- Start speaking with your current clients about awnings and let them know that you are a resource for this.
- Research which window treatment and awning specialists are in your area and set up appointments.
- Download the Window Works guide to Awnings by going to windowworksnj.com (if you like it, let Leslie Carothers at Savour Partnership know, she would surely appreciate it!).
- The number one way to increase your revenue is to sell more things to your current clients.
- Remember that for both the short-term and long-term it is important to always create diverse revenue streams that align with your design firm.
Receive a Free Subscription to Window Fashion Vision Magazine
Learn About the WCAA (Window Coverings Association of America)
Stop Buying Retail and Start Making Maximum Profit
KICKING OFF July 22, 2020
Early Bird Pricing! Register Now: $1895
Early Bird ends July 3rd! Pricing goes up to $2195.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Are you a #babydesigner, #risingdesigner, or a #seasoneddesigner?
Take the “What Level is Your Design Firm” Quiz and Find Out!
Get a list of things to do that day, by the end of the week and by the end of the month, in addition to the best podcast episodes to listen to appropriate to where you are in your business journey!
A Big THANK YOU to This Podcast Sponsor:
FREE Trial! A One-Stop Shop to Keep Everything Organized!
Check Out Their Client Portal and Time Tracking Features!
If you loved this show, listen to these for information referenced by previous guests: