Nicole Heymer: 6 Keys to Planning A Website That Makes Things Happen
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We are very excited to have Nicole Heymer back on the show today! Nicole is the owner of Curio Electro, a boutique creative agency that specializes in branding and websites for interior design firms and other interesting and creative businesses. Nicole is the genius behind my LuAnn Nigara website- and I really love it! There are certain things that we do that really represent who we are and what we do and my website is one of those things for me! And one of the reasons for Nicole coming back on the show is rooted in my own experience of being part of her company and going through the whole discovery process of building my website with her. Listen in today as Nicole takes us through her entire, really organized and actionable process- it’s just like therapy for your business!
Nicole’s clear and actionable approach to branding has been featured by some of the design industry’s favorite resources and organizations. From ASID’s Tech Talk series to the New Jersey chapter and also to the Window Coverings Association of America, Nicole is an active ASID partner and she currently serves as the editor of the New Jersey chapter’s Blueprint Magazine. Listen in to find out more.
- Stepping back to get an overview of what you’re doing.
- Starting out with a very clear plan.
- How Nicole developed her process.
- The whole planning process.
- Looking ahead to the goals that you want to accomplish- then doing things in the correct order.
- Some of the goals that designers could aspire towards.
- Getting to grips with the messaging on your website.
- Clearly showing people who and where you are, and what you do, on your website.
- Being truthful with your messaging when creating your brand.
- Taking your budget into account when planning your website.
- Getting really clear about who you want to take action on your website.
- Getting clear about the kind of action that you would like to be taken on your website.
- Some things to consider when setting up your website.
- Nurturing your clients’ needs with lead magnets.
- Telling the story of a project with your portfolio.
- Ways of driving more traffic to your website.
- Coming up with content for a blog.
- About Nicole’s Brand Discovery Class that’s coming up shortly. Go to brandingdiscovery.com to find out more.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode: