Chris Loves Julia: Quality Content Creation is Key to Their Success
Welcome! Today, Julia Marcum, half of the dynamic duo of Chris Loves Julia, joins us on the show. Julia started blogging more ten years ago, and her readership has grown to include millions of people. In 2016, Chris left his day job to join Julia as a blogger on a full-time basis. With their blog, this remarkable couple shares their original, authentic, and sincere perspective on the daily coups and challenges of their DIY home renovations. People follow them to learn how to improve their space and to get inspiration, tips on trends, and motivation to get things done. In today’s episode, Julia explains that they know exactly why they’re doing what they do, and they know who they do it for. This particular component is vital to your success as a business owner, so be sure to listen in today, to hear what Julia has to share.
Chris and Julia are a fresh, honest, and creative DIY duo, blogging about the daily feats and failures of renovation. They offer their loyal readers a mix of large-scale renovations, quick DIY projects, budget-friendly ways to revamp their spaces, and items to splurge on, as well as a few personal stories to remind their readers that they’re real people, too. They were named as one of Better Homes & Gardens’ Top 10 DIY bloggers. Tune in today, for more.
- Julia explains how she and Chris came to realize that they should combine their talents and work on the blog together, on a full-time basis.
- Creating the right kind of content to post on Instagram.
- Knowing what you want to be known for.
- What you’ll find on their blog, and what you’ll find in their Instagram stories.
- There are zero downsides to growing your Instagram presence.
- Creating consistent, quality content based around your niche.
- Consistency and quality content is key to getting lots of Instagram followers.
- Julia doesn’t have a photography background and yet she took all her own photos until three months ago.
- Figuring out photography.
- Educating your photographer about what you want.
- Being intentional about the look that you’re creating in your photos.
- Julia explains why people are following her.
- The difference between just posting a picture, and creating content.
- Choosing where to best utilize your energy.
- The best way to connect with your Instagram Stories audience.
- Julia talks about the two courses she teaches, Working With Brands and Growing Your Influence.
Website: Chris Loves Julia
Instagram: Chris Loves Julia
Propertee: Chris Loves Julia
Facebook: Chris Loves Julia
People who inspire Julia:
Don’t forget when you place your next order on any Kravet fabric, wallpaper, or trim, to use the code AWDB10 at checkout, to get 10% off any one purchase. Go to Kravet to place your order.