Power Talk Friday: Jamie Lieberman: Hashtag Legal – Lawyers That Speak Designer
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Jamie Lieberman is with us today. Jamie is an attorney, a podcaster, and an entrepreneur. She is also the owner and founder of Hashtag Legal, and she’s dedicated to making the legal field accessible to creative professionals just like you. Jamie is down-to-earth, easy to get along with, and she is passionate about sharing the message that legal doesn’t have to be scary. Listen in today, to find out how and why she does this.
Jamie draws on her experience working with influencer marketing professionals, creatives, business owners, and interior designers, to help and protect them as they grow their businesses. She leads an all-female virtual team with a focus on providing clients with advice on all kinds of subjects, like intellectual property, contracts, privacy, FTC, and general business law, as well as negotiation strategies. Jamie is the co-host of the Fear Less Business Podcast and she’s an outstanding speaker with tons of energy! There are so many insights to be gained from today’s conversation. Tune in now, to find out how to gracefully dismantle a business partnership, keep your eyes wide open, and make sure that your contracts and agreements are all clear.
- Daniele Liss (#171) used to be Jamie’s partner in Hashtag Legal.
- Jamie really gets the intricacies of running a creative business.
- Jamie makes it very easy for people to access her talents.
- Managing the challenging nuances of running an interior design business.
- Everything changes when money comes into play.
- Negotiating towards a common goal, which is building a successful business.
- Partnership agreements can be changed.
- Covering vendor liability could put designers at risk.
- A contract is actually a gift, it’s not a bad thing.
- It’s perfectly acceptable to negotiate a contract before signing it.
- You have to learn from the things that come up.
- It’s all about clear communication.
- Jamie is learning from her clients all the time. She likes it when her clients challenge her.
Previous episodes mentioned in this show: