Design Inkredible, Don Ricardo Massenburg, Social Media and Mentoring
Welcome! Today we have Mr. Inkredible on the show with us. Don Ricardo Massenburg, Jr, known for his use of bright and bold patterns and colors in home decor, is the principal of Design Inkredible in Durham, North Carolina. Don believes that interior design should be and could be attainable by everyone, even though it’s considered a luxury service. In today’s episode, he talks to us about his design business and about his work in early childhood education. He also explains how he runs his design firm in conjunction with his full-time position in the education field. Listen in to find out more.
For a long time, it has been Don’s dream to do something that he loves so much that it doesn’t feel like he’s working. Interior design has been his answer to this. Don’s firm has grown so fast and has become so successful that it’s hard to believe that technically, it’s his side-hustle. He really understands what it takes to maintain a successful interior design business, and he’s always adding to his education in interior design. Tune in to find out about Don and how his love for art, music, furniture, and anything bold and creative really fuels his passion for interior design.
- How Don started his design firm while doing his career in education.
- How he runs his design business around his full-time job.
- Don is so passionate about interior design that it doesn’t feel like work.
- How he uses social media to get clients.
- Posting on social media at peak times for maximum engagement.
- Don’s strategies for attracting followers on social media.
- Joining Instagram pods, or groups are still effective as a strategy for marketing a business.
- Don’s use of bold and bright colors and patterns.
- The importance of engaging, on social media.
- A lot of Don’s current clientele comes from luxury new construction.
- Don’s focus is on textiles.
- Maintaining a following on social media really takes a lot of work.
- The importance of your first six photos on Instagram.
- The value of hiring a really good photographer.
- Converting Instagram admirers into clients.
- Weeding out the tire-kickers.
- How to obtain the help of a mentor.
- How MyDoma Studio has really changed Don’s life.
- Don used to create his own custom designs.
Recognized for his use of bright, bold patterns and colors in home décor, Don Ricardo Massenburg Jr. seeks to show that although interior design is considered a luxury service, it can be attainable to everyone. His love for art, music, furniture, and anything bold and creative fuels his passion for interior design. It has been a lasting dream of Ricardo’s to do something that he loves and enjoys so much that it doesn’t feel like he’s working, and Ricardo believes that he has experienced that dream with interior design.
Ricardo received a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from North Carolina Central University and started his first interior design venture while he served as a teacher. Some of his earliest and favorite projects were children’s spaces where he enjoyed pulling bright, vibrant colors together, along with fun patterns. Ricardo continues to work in the field of education by day and acknowledges the value of the transferable skills gained through his experiences.
The growth of DESiGN iNKREDiBLE LLC has been so exciting and through his, work Ricardo has developed other gifts and talents such as sewing, upholstery, and creating abstract art. Ricardo recognizes that although style and a good design eye are important, it takes much more to maintain a successful interior design business and he is currently continuing education in interior design.
For more episodes on how to grow your Instagram following:
For more episodes on mentorship:
Join LuAnn at High Point Market