Mark McDonough- Founder & Editor of Tastefully Inspired Blog
Welcome back to another episode of A Well Design Business! Today on the show I’m going to talk with Mark McDonough, the founder and editor of “Tastefully Inspired” blog and the curator of the Instagram feed for “Tastefully Inspired”. Mark’s skills and experience blend a very deep understanding of how the internet and social media at the bits and bytes level with some extensive talent promotion experience from a previous career. Mark has worked to build the brands of various top designers like the Robert Thomas Collection, Clodagh Design, Timothy Corrigan, Terry Hunziker, Lori Weitzner and many more. Mark explains that he believes that the world of design is changing and good design more than ever needs to be seen. Therefore, he decides to create Tastefully Inspired to showcase the true tastemakers in our industry.
- When did Mark launch “Tastefully Inspired”?
- How did Mark decide to use the design industry as his nitch business?
- How long has Mark worked in the marketing industry?
- How does Mark find the designers to have on his blog?
- What does every designer he has on his blog have in common?
- Who calls Mark for ideas for a “cool” designer?
- What are his goals with his podcast?
- Where did he come up with the idea to start his own podcast?
- What are his thoughts about restoration hardware?
- What are his thoughts about Curated Kravet?
- Are there specific do’s and don’ts when working with an Instagram?
- How can you use hashtags on Instagram to increase visibility?
- What is a five-dot system and why is it important?
- Can you have too many hashtags on a picture?
- What is the best way to communicate with designers?
- How should you do your research when using hashtags?
- What are some other platforms to use for traffic?