Darla Powell: Darla Powell Interiors 18 Months After Opening
Welcome to today’s Where Are They Now show, where we will be re-interviewing Darla Powell, from Darla Powell Interiors in Southern Florida. Darla originally appeared in episode #203, where she shared a lot of information about how she got her business off the ground and right out of the gate within the first seven months. On today’s show, you will learn about everything that Darla has managed to accomplish over the last year- and she will also be announcing something brand-new, which will be making its debut on the podcast today! Listen in to find out more.
Darla has a fun, genuine and down-to-earth approach to the designing of beautiful spaces. Since she launched her career in 2016, she has grown her business almost exclusively by word-of-mouth and her clients have really fallen in love with her work!
In her past life, Darla spent almost twenty years as a Detective Sergeant in Miami Florida, so one might say that she is an expert on the importance of having complete tranquility at home after a stressful day at work! Also, her background has carried over many hidden perks- including a strong sense of integrity, accountability and a ready-for-anything-ness that is key for home renovation projects.
Darla’s career transformation was fueled by her need to express her boundless creativity. She spent her childhood summers rummaging through her grandmother’s antique store where she developed an extensive knowledge of antiques, collectibles and of pieces that look perfect together, so Darla’s refined eye definitely sees those diamonds hiding in the rough! Above all, Darla really loves creating rooms that are gorgeous, elegant and soothing, so listen in now to find out what she has to share with you on the show today.
- Darla talks about some of the things she’s learned over the last year.
- The difference that the hiring of assistants has made to the growth of Darla’s business.
- How Darla re-invented herself at the age of fifty.
- Why Darla has begun to delegate outside of her particular zone of genius.
- Why Darla’s company has grown by leaps and bounds over the last year.
- Starting a business costs money, so you really need to have a plan.
- Some of the more challenging moments when Darla first started out as a designer.
- Darla’s initial fears about raising her rates.
- The kind of clients that Darla attracted when she was charging lower rates.
- Finding your sweet spot in order to attract your ideal client.
- How Darla managed to attract the huge number of Instagram followers that she has!
- Keeping abreast with the latest Facebook algorithms.
- The importance of being authentic and engaging quality followers on social media.
- Using rich pins on Pinterest to drive traffic to your website.
- The awesome clients that Darla has attracted through social media.
- The benefits of sharing other people’s work on social media.
- All about Darla’s exciting, soon-to-be-launched new venture- Wingnutsocial.com.
Other episodes mentioned in this show:
Resources mentioned on the show: