What Would Lu Do? LuAnn Answers Listener Questions
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business, it’s time for another episode of “What Would Lu Do?” where you ask the questions and LuAnn helps out with the answers.
Today’s questions come from listener Christina, who struggles with expanding her prospects beyond client referrals. Christina is asking for tips on finding a space where she won’t be competing with architecture firms with in-house designers, and would like LuAnn’s opinion on the best social media platform.
Listen in as LuAnn digs into the details, susses out the situation, and lays out her reasoning on the resolutions.
If you are not working with a coach or perhaps you don’t have a business mentor or business bestie to provide guidance, this is the perfect opportunity to email LuAnn the burning issues that you need insight on and she’ll answer them on air. Please send your questions to LuAnn Nigara WWLD!
- LuAnn shares listener Christina’s detailed email.
- Lean into the referral business because these are the best clients you can have.
- Look for ways to keep you referral clients engaged with you.
- Even when you do a fantastic job it may not be enough to make them remember you.
- Proudly build your referral pipeline!
- For more tips on how to build referrals, check out Episodes #93 and #426 with Stacey Brown Randall. Stacey is also one of the co-authors of LuAnn’s second book, A Well-Designed Business – The Power Talk Friday Experts. Stacy’s chapter is about leveraging those A-list clients and maximizing the great work you have already delivered to them, so check it out!
- You may need to work smarter to grow a design firm in a rural location.
- Unfortunately, many architecture firms, builders, and kitchen showrooms may be laying off their in-staff designers during this economic downturn due to the coronavirus event. However, this may open the door for some freelance work and give you the chance to make an impression.
- Look for the local people there that can refer you to boutique commercial work. Check into organizations that have architects, property developers, builders, and commercial realtors, call each one and introduce yourself.
- You may need to join an organization in a larger nearby city.
- LuAnn suggests some additional episodes that will help Christina learn how to work with architects and builders and how to build a hospitality commercial firm. These shows are linked below.
- LuAnn provides a detailed overview of a potential social media strategy. For additional tips and social media strategies involving LinkedIn, please see the episodes referenced below.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Are you a #babydesigner, #risingdesigner, or a #seasoneddesigner?
Take the “What Level is Your Design Firm” Quiz and Find Out!
Get a list of things to do that day, by the end of the week and by the end of the month, in addition to the best podcast episodes to listen to appropriate to where you are in your business journey!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!
Be the hero for your clients, and be the solution they need right now with Article.
Monogram – Work with Us!
Other Shows Mentioned: