Power Talk Friday: Stacey Brown Randall: Generating Business Referrals…Without Asking
Welcome! Stacey Brown Randall joins us on the show today. Stacey, a three-times repeat guest on the podcast, is one of the co-authors of LuAnn’s new book, A Well-Designed Business, the Power Talk Friday Experts. Stacey really has a lot to share, to teach, and to give that is of genuine value, and she does some wonderful work with entrepreneurs. In her first and second episodes, she talked to us about Employee Management (#69), and the Client Experience (#93). In today’s episode, she will explain How To Get Referrals Without Asking. Tune in now, to find out more.
Stacey, who has a Master’s in Organizational Communication, provides a roadmap for small business owners and solopreneurs to generate referrals without asking through her Growth By Referrals program. She is the author of the book, Generating Business Referral- Without Asking, and she also hosts her own podcast, Roadmap to Grow your Business. Stacey lives in Charlotte NC with her husband and three kids. Listen in today, to find out what Stacey has to share about building relationships and planting the seeds of referral.
- Janelle Photopoulos changed certain things in her business, to up the client experience, based on her working with Stacey.
- Stacey talks about her work with Janelle.
- Stacey explains how she got to understand interior designers so well.
- Why Stacey hated asking for referrals.
- Stacey is debunking the advice that we’ve all been given, that we have to ask everyone for referrals at the end of a project.
- Asking for referrals generally makes people feel really uncomfortable.
- Changing the way we think about referrals.
- Looking for ways to fill a funnel after failing in her business.
- Stacey started unpacking the psychology and the human dynamic behind why referrals happen.
- Referrals actually happen because they are triggered.
- Why manufactured triggers are not successful.
- Making yourself look like a hero by offering a solution to a problem is the best way to get referrals.
- Stacey shares the trigger for making a referral happen.
- How to trigger always being top of mind in a referral source.
- What constitutes a great referral.
- Taking great care of the relationships with your referral sub-set.
- Identifying your referral sources. These are gold!
- How baby designers can start building relationships with referral sources.
- Using the right language.
- Taking care of your referral sources year after year.
- It all comes down to authentic relationships.
Stacey Brown Randall is a member of the business failure club, a contrarian on how to generate referrals and a supporter of the entrepreneurial dream. Through her programs, she provides a roadmap to take control of your business.
Stacey’s quest to crack the code on how to generate referrals without asking began after her first business failed. When she started her second business – a business and productivity coaching practice – she knew keeping her pipeline full of new clients would be one of the biggest differentiators from her business failure. She honed-in on referrals as the main source of prospects for her second business but wasn’t satisfied with the conventional advice which is to receive referrals you must ask.
Stacey has taught her “no asking” referral generation strategy to hundreds of companies including Bank of America, Carroll Financial, International Minute Press, Dogtopia, O’Connor Insurance Associates, ACC Associates (Mortgage Advisor), Slater Interiors, Real Living Real Estate, Milazzo Webb Law Firm, Wells Fargo Advisors, Success Institute, HM Properties, Ameriprise, Farris Cooke CPA, Keller Williams, LearningRX and more small businesses and solopreneurs.
She is a three-time entrepreneur, author of Generating Business Referrals…Without Asking, and host of the Roadmap to Grow your Business podcast.
Stacey received her Master’s in Organizational Communication and is married with three kids, a 10-year- old son, 8-year-old daughter and she and her husband are raising their 11-year-old nephew.
Previous episodes Stacey has been on:
Other episode mentioned in today’s show:
Stacey is a co-author in LuAnn’s new book: