Lisa Haude: Paradigm Design Group: Success Strategies to Run a Luxury Hospitality Design Firm
Welcome! Today, we have Lisa Haude, of Paradigm Design Group, joining us! Lisa built her firm from ground zero to a firm with gross revenues exceeding fifty-million dollars. And she showed her relentless commitment by doing that the old-fashioned way, by calling on her contacts week after week. In today’s episode, Lisa talks to us about how she runs her business, and she explains how all her success can be attributed to her commitment to delivering an exceptional project, regardless of the situation. Tune in today, to find out how planning to exceed your clients’ expectations in every aspect of a project will always bring about a successful result.
As the lead designer and founder of Paradigm Design Group for the last fifteen years, Lisa Haude is an expert in livable luxury. She has built Paradigm Design Group into a hospitality design powerhouse. With projects ranging from The Roosevelt Waldorf Astoria in New Orleans to the award-winning Portland Marriott Downtown, to boutique hotels and numerous Hilton hotels across the United States, Lisa prides herself on her design versatility. Be sure to listen in today, to find out more about Lisa, and her work ethic, and her successful design firm.
- Lisa spent time working at high-end hospitality firms, for architectural design firms, and in the hotel and hospitality industry, on the inside, on their design teams, before opening her firm. She talks to us about how this great learning experience informs the way she runs her firm.
- Lisa gives us some insight into the way her firm looks.
- Taking care of the details and all the moving pieces on multiple-million dollar projects.
- The way that Lisa’s whole team collaborates to bring about an awesome project.
- Dealing with the documentation.
- Talking about accountability.
- The whole team is detail-oriented.
- Open discussions are vital for growing and improving.
- Taking responsibility, as a leader, for whatever happens with a project.
- Sometimes it’s hard to find your humor when you’re in the trenches.
- Some advice for landing and keep long-term hospitality accounts.
- Owning up if you mess up is very important.
- People like to do business with people who have similar ideals and values.
- Lisa has an amazing village of co-workers.
- How Lisa created her opportunities and made things happen when she started her firm.
- Lisa offers some awesome advice.
- Thinking outside the box to make things happen.
- The background and skills that Lisa looks for when hiring a junior designer.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
Website: Paradigm Design
Facebook: Paradigm Design Group
Instagram: Paradigm Design Group
The 4th Birthday Party for the podcast will be at Kravet’s new workshop center at 200 Lexington New York on March 19, 2020, at 5.30 pm. Use this link to RSVP – Event Brite