Power Talk Friday: Wendy Cohen: PowerHouse Advisors and The PowerHouse Smart Luxury Conference
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We are delighted to introduce you to Wendy Cohen today. Wendy is the founder and CEO of a suite of Powerhouse Companies comprising of PowerHouse Advisors, a consulting firm, PowerHouse SMART, a luxury industry education and networking leadership community, and PowerHouse Recruiting, which is a division of the consultancy, PowerHouse Advisors. This expert group of companies is committed to serving the best people in the luxury industry by teaching and speaking to them about luxury, and educating them about new luxury technologies. Wendy herself is a powerhouse lady, and in today’s episode, she talks to us about building a company culture, creating a complete customer experience, and what it takes to get ahead in business. She also discusses the Luxury Home Conference that is coming up in Chicago, in February, where she has invited LuAnn to be the keynote speaker. Listen in today, to find out what this dynamic and special lady has to share!
The family of PowerHouse Companies was formed in 2006. It is recognized most for successfully guiding hundreds of luxury industry brands and firms in the fields of design, build, and development, across the US and in Canada. PowerHouse SMART was also formed in 2006. It was intended to power-up the very best leaders in the luxury market by creating a platform for elite relationship building, to lead to business collaborations, new business development, referrals, knowledge sharing, and cutting-edge education. Then, in 2015, PowerHouse Recruiting was created as a division of PowerHouse Advisors, to continue with the exceptional recruiting and placement guidance that was established under the consultancy umbrella. Tune in today, to learn what it takes to win in the arena of luxury design, build.
- Wendy started her career as a realtor.
- Wendy was part of a four-person team in a building company that grew the company from having ten employees to eventually having 120 people working there.
- Creating a culture in her company.
- Great success for builders doesn’t come overnight but it is possible.
- Growing the design, build concept.
- Teaching her sales team about the complete experience was the thing differentiated from any other builder that a consumer might be going to, in 1989.
- You don’t brand yourself. Your audience brands you.
- Treating sub-contractors, tradespeople, and suppliers with respect, as if they are part of your company.
- In 1995-1996, Professional Builder Magazine named Wendy’s company one of the best eight companies to work for in the nation.
- Being selected by Custom Builder Magazine as Custom Builder of the Year.
- The satisfying way that Wendy’s vision for the company became contagious.
- Consulting with other companies to teach and advise them about systems, processes, and how to replicate Wendy’s success.
- For ten or eleven years, Wendy’s main focus was on business development.
- Consulting about recruiting, and helping everybody grow, is where Wendy finds herself today.
- Wendy views the placements that she makes within other companies as a reflection of her reputation.
- Wendy talks about PowerHouse Smart. This is how she gives back to her community.
- Wendy is all about sharing and giving.
- Every month, PowerHouse Smarts had one big event, called the Builder Architect Hard-Hat Tour.
- PowerHouse Smart is always looking to grow like-minded individuals. This is why they host a Luxury Conference every year.
- The next PowerHouse Smart Luxury Home Conference is being held on February 5th, 2020, in Chicago. LuAnn has been invited to be the keynote speaker.
- Wendy explains what will be happening at the upcoming Luxury Home conference.
Wendy Cohen CEO
PowerHouse Advisors, LLC
PowerHouse Recruiting, LLC
Wendy Cohen is the CEO and Founder of the PowerHouse Group of Companies comprised of PowerHouse Advisors™, a consulting firm, PowerHouse SMART®, a luxury industry education & networking leadership community and PowerHouse Recruiting, a division of the consultancy PowerHouse Advisors™ LLC.
The family of PowerHouse Companies was formed in 2006 where it is most notably recognized for successfully guiding hundreds of luxury industry brands and firms in the design, build and development arena across the nation and in Canada. PowerHouse Advisors’ profound impact is working with owners and senior managers in refining business development efforts, implementing process improvement platforms, developing operating systems and procedures, properly managing and executing manpower and creating strategic growth plans.
PowerHouse SMART® also formed in 2006 was intended to power-up the best of the best leaders in the luxury market by creating a platform for elite relationship building leading to business collaborations, new business development, referrals (give and get), knowledge sharing and cutting-edge education. From the onset, the goal was to bring all the talents needed to create an ultimate luxury project and educate on the value of collaboration at the highest level. Today PowerHouse SMART® supports leaders in the industry in growing their businesses with over 30 events a year, an Annual Luxury Conference and a robust online connection website. While PHS operates in the United States Midwest Market, there has been discussion for future plans for expansion via franchise opportunities tying other local luxury market chapters to the headquarters in Chicago.
PowerHouse Recruiting™ was created as a division of PowerHouse Advisors in 2015, to continue the exceptional recruiting and placement guidance established under the consultancy umbrella. PHR as a dedicated division can help more employers and career-minded candidates find the perfect fit for continued success and growth.
PowerHouse Recruiting is unique in that recruiting services are performed as if the employer owner was personally conducting the screening and recruitment process. PowerHouse Recruiting has proven results in supporting trusted colleagues in the luxury design, build, develop and real estate industry in hiring top talent from CFO to Design Assistant. Wendy Cohen has over 30 years of luxury industry experience and is often referred to as the ultimate power connector, with an exceptional network among top-tier professionals. PHR connects the right people (top talent candidates) to the right career opportunities (employer client’s job openings). PHR believes there is such a thing as a perfect fit.
The PowerHouse Group of Companies is dedicated to being experts in the luxury industry by teaching luxury, speaking about luxury, educating on new luxury technologies, building new relationships every day, and proudly serving the best people in the industry.
Previous episodes mentioned in this show:
Conference Registration: Power House Smart
Instagram: Power House Smart
Facebook: Power House Smart
LinkedIn: Power House Smart