Darla Powell: Real Tips to Up Your Social Media Game
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! Social media guru, Darla Powell from Darla Powell Interiors, joins us in this conversation today on how to get more juice from your social media efforts. We change, our business changes, and sometimes, we need to refresh our minds about what we’re really doing and who we’re doing it for. The goal here today is to talk about honing the message you’re sending out to the world, and if you already did this five years ago, well maybe it’s time to do it again!
Darla is a co-author of the 2nd volume of A Well-Designed Business, The Power Talk Friday Experts that is coming out in November 2020. Darla really is the social media guru. She blew up social from the get-go and she hasn’t stopped since. Thankfully she is just fine with sharing her tools and ideas with us, so we can try to duplicate her success. Please welcome her back to the show!
Darla has a fun, genuine, and down-to-earth approach to the designing of beautiful spaces. Since she launched her career in 2016, she has grown her business almost exclusively by word-of-mouth and her clients have really fallen in love with her work!
In her past life, Darla spent almost twenty years as a Detective Sergeant in Miami Florida, so one might say that she is an expert on the importance of having complete tranquility at home after a stressful day at work! Also, her background has carried over many hidden perks- including a strong sense of integrity, accountability, and a ready-for-anything-ness that is key for home renovation projects.
Darla’s career transformation was fueled by her need to express her boundless creativity. She spent her childhood summers rummaging through her grandmother’s antique store where she developed an extensive knowledge of antiques, collectibles, and of pieces that look perfect together, so Darla’s refined eye definitely sees those diamonds hiding in the rough! Above all, Darla really loves creating rooms that are gorgeous, elegant and soothing.
- This podcast helped educate Darla and gave her the courage to take a leap into a totally different career path.
- Darla explains how she came to create Wingnut Social.
- When clients are looking up your design firm online, they are also scoping out your PR sources and checking out your social media to see how you engage with others.
- Social media is a multi-billion dollar business and is not a trend. It’s here to stay!
- It’s difficult for a business to survive the long run without having a well-rounded social media presence.
- Darla offers her social media strategies!
- Marketing budgets can be 5-20% of your overall annual gross, depending on a few factors. When you’re a newer designer, that percentage should be higher because you’re building brand awareness and a following.
- Who are you? LuAnn shares what she looks for on designer’s websites.
- You have to always be able to adapt, especially in marketing.
Connect with Darla!
Coming Back Soon!
Coming Back in February 2021!
Coming Back Soon!
Process Leads to Profits – Returning November 2020! Learn the Four P’s of design from Sara Lynn Brennan: Processes, Partnerships, Packages and Profits…as well as the “secret sauce” that has doubled her business in the last year! Sign Up For Updates HERE!
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?LuAnn Nigara COB
Get the Goodies! – For checklists, resources, and extra goodies!
To Get on LuAnn’s Email List, text the word designbiz to 444999!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
When your client wants the finest in luxury appliances for their kitchen.
Are You Set Up with Monogram‘s Design Partner Trade Program?
Kirsch’s motorized Briza collection is the perfect answer to high-end drapery treatments. Connect with Your Local Kirsch Distributor Now! Kirsch
Previous Episodes Mentioned: