Karin Bohn: Mastery of the 80% Business Provides Freedom For The 20% Creative
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! We’re super excited to have Karin Bohn join us on the show today.
Karin Bohn is the founder and creative director of the award-winning House of Bohn design studio. She established the interior design firm in 2009 and has made her mark in many industries including luxury residential, multi-family, restaurants, and retail.
Karin stars on Netflix’s Restaurants on the Edge in which she travels with a team of experts to provide design, marketing, and culinary consultation to establishments in some of the most beautiful locations in the world.
With her continuously growing YouTube channel, Karin offers behind-the-scenes glimpses of her creative process, collaborative partnerships, and life as an entrepreneur.
Listen in to hear how in 11 years, Karin went from struggling to start a design business all the way to having a Netflix show and managing a luxury interior design firm with a team of 10!
- The first few years of Karin’s YouTube videos showcased her challenging entrepreneurial journey.
- As Karin explains, her Netflix series did not come about because of her YouTube channel.
- You don’t have to be perfect to start something new, just start! Learn as you go.
- Karin shares her pivotal moment regarding her realization that she needed to develop her business skills before she could take advantage of her creative side.
- Karin discusses the current structure of her design, operations, and content teams.
- Why ‘alignment’ is Karin’s favorite word right now.
- Building a brand must include consistency. People need to be able to recognize a brand’s repeated aesthetic cues.
- Karin divulges her client budgeting tactics.
- LuAnn and Karin discuss the frustration of hiring new employees. The struggle over writing job descriptions and adding new team members can be solved by using Eileen B. Hahn’s Interior Design Firm Hiring Toolkit.
- Remember your vision! You do have a vision, right?
Connect with Karin!
Process Leads to Profits – Returning November 2020! Learn the Four P’s of design from Sara Lynn Brennan: Processes, Partnerships, Packages, and Profits…as well as the “secret sauce” that has doubled her business in the last year! Sign Up For Updates HERE!
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Get the Goodies! – For checklists, resources, and extra goodies!
To Get on LuAnn’s Email List, text the word designbiz to 444999!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
Jaipur Living’s Website – Easy to Browse, Custom Calculator, Products Ready to Ship! Open Your Trade Account to Begin Your Relationship with This Admirable Company.
Kirsch’s motorized Briza collection is the perfect answer to high end drapery treatments. Connect with Your Local Kirsch Distributor Now! Kirsch
Other shows mentioned to link to and to tag in SM