Power Talk Friday: Claire Jefford: Rock the Consult
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Claire Jefford joins us on the show once again today! Claire is an interior decorator, business coach, leader of the designer Facebook group Interior Design Business Strategies, a vlogger, and author of a chapter called Managing Client Expectations in LuAnn’s second book, A Well-Designed Business, The Power talk Friday Experts, Volume 1. In today’s episode, Claire takes us through her initial process. She shares her wealth of information about the best practices for handling all aspects of consultations with clients. Listen in today to learn how to set the tone for success right from the outset.
Claire started her award-winning decorating firm in 2011, and in 2017, she started a second business as a business coach. She is passionate about having organized processes, marketing, and creating videos. She was voted #3 Top Influencer in 2018, and she runs an active Facebook group called Interior Design Business Strategies, with more than 3000 design professionals from around the world. Tune in now for more!
- Being upfront about the way that you work.
- Managing your clients’ expectations, educating your clients, and communicating effectively.
- Claire talks about her templated email system.
- Setting the tone right from the start.
- Claire always asks for payment upfront for consultations.
- Keeping clear logs of everything.
- 3-D design is the way to go!
- Claire talks about what she brings with her to consultations.
- Helping people as much as possible in two hours.
- Clients like structure.
- You have to let your clients know what you do.
- Little things can go a long way.
- Confidence is key!
- Claire has some fabulous packages available.
- Claire explains what WidWil is all about.
Previous episodes mentioned in the show:
Maria Killam #58
Fred Berns #174
John and Theresa Dorlini (Circle Design Studio) #380
Website – https://clairejefford.com/
Blog post Claire mentioned in the show: https://clairejefford.com/3d-renderings-for-interior-designers/
LuAnn Live: luannlive.com
LuAnn’s Favorite Resources: luannnigara.com/resources