#BLM Nicole White: Life Long Allyship
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! LuAnn welcomes Nicole White, CEO and Principal Designer of Nicole White Designs Interiors, back to the show. When they last visited, Nicole shared details about her client questionnaire, how she gets press, and the confidence she now has as a designer.
On today’s Black Lives Matter episode, you’ll hear about Nicole’s business and personal life, viewed specifically through the filter of being black.
As a trained journalist and Jamaican immigrant, Nicole has a unique perspective on what we can do to effect lasting change. We hope you join us!
Nicole White is the CEO and Principal Designer of Nicole White Designs Interiors, a full-service boutique interior design firm, based in Sunrise, Florida.
Nicole, known for her renovation prowess, has been featured in various local, national, and international publications including – HGTV, House Beautiful, Better Homes, and Gardens magazines; Ocean Drive, Huffington Post, and Domino online magazines and The Miami Herald and Jamaica Observer. Voted among the top 25 Interior Design Firms by the South Florida Luxury Guide, Nicole has also twice been noted as an emerging designer to watch by the Black Interior Designers Network and was a recipient of the Z-Gallerie Design Award Fall/Winter 2013. Nicole is also a brand ambassador/influencer for The Home Depot, Zephyr, Purple Drywall, and City Furniture.
Before launching her successful design firm, Nicole was an award-winning journalist whose stories appeared in The Miami Herald, Village Voice, and Vibe magazine. Her combined love of design and writing spawned the creation of her blog, Live Laugh Decorate, where she showcases the behind the scenes details of design projects, shares tips on affordable design ideas, and dishes about design trends.
Her blog was nominated for Best Renovation Blog by Domino Magazine in 2018.
A Jamaican native, Nicole is deeply inspired by the colors and textures of the Caribbean and constantly fuses those elements in her designs. Nicole prides herself on designing a home guided by her client’s passions, be it contemporary, traditional, vintage or modern. Nicole is an avid foodie and wine lover who is always busy plotting a travel escape. Her greatest design however is her 8-year-old son, Xavier – artist and dinosaur aficionado.
- Nicole is thankful that black interior designers are getting more attention since the BLM movement has gained momentum. Not because they’re black, but because they are talented.
- Addressing the topic of police officers (and how to behave around them) with your children is an added layer of life for black moms.
- Educating others about BLM should not be a burden to people of color. Be proactive in researching and reading about their issues so that you can have a more appropriate dialogue.
- Be a lifelong ally and speak up when you see injustice.
- Nicole shares intimate thoughts about the concerns that black interior designers face.
- How Nicole and her son, Xavier, builds relationships with community police officers.
- Nicole relates an upsetting experience at a high-end business event.
- Nicole offers encouragement and advice on what we can all do to make a difference.
Connect with Nicole!
Nicole’s Recommended Resources:
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Design-Build For Profit – Kicking Off September 23, 2020!
With Jenny Slingerland of Black Ink Interiors
Increase Your Confidence, Increase Your Profits – Kicking Off September 23, 2020!
With Desi Creswell
The Profit Is In The Numbers 101 with Kathleen Anderson
The Profit Is In The Numbers 102 with Peter Lang
Coming September 2020!
Early Bird Registration Sept 4 – Sept 20
Classes: Sept 22 – Sept 24
Get the Goodies! – For checklists, resources, and extra goodies!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to This Podcast Sponsor:
Take Advantage of Kravet Inc.’s Extensive Digital Tools & 24/7 Customer Service!
Set Up a Virtual Appointment with Your Local Sales Representative:
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!
Be the hero for your clients, and be the solution they need right now with Article.
Other shows mentioned:
Nicole’s 1st appearance on the show: #366