Vicky Serany, Southern Studio: Thriving Despite Covid 19
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! LuAnn’s guest today is Vicky Serany from Southern Studio, and you’re going to hear how Vicky’s mission, vision, and goals for her company changed over the years. Sometimes you just have to make your business fit the life you have. You’ll be inspired to learn that you can revise, recalibrate, and reinvent your business at any time ever, over your entire life – and you’re going to receive lots of insights on leadership, too, so listen in!
Vicky Serany uses fresh combinations of texture, pattern, and color to create luxury interiors that meet the needs of each client. By paying attention to every detail of a project, she is able to meticulously transform the design vision into reality. Her inspiration comes from the beauty in everyday life and travel to fascinating places. Vicky’s extensive work in residential design and new home construction has earned her awards both locally and nationally. Vicky is an Allied Member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and lives in Cary with her husband, Dan. This empty nest mom jumps at the opportunity to spend time with her two grown children. When she’s not creating inspired interiors, Vicky enjoys spending time at the beach, sharing a bottle of wine with close friends, and exploring new adventures on her bucket list!
Southern Studio Interior Design was founded in 2001 and has earned a reputation as an award-winning interior design firm specializing in luxury interior spaces with casual sophistication. We believe that a well-designed home is timeless and reflects the unique personalities of its owners. The mission of Southern Studio is to provide a high level of creativity, integrity, and personalized attention to every project.
- Vicky shares the dilemma she faced during the 2008 recession and the solution she found that actually went against everybody’s advice.
- Vicky and her team took advantage during coronavirus to work on “Covid-19” projects from home, learning new skills.
- “The one thing I’ve learned is that if we really focus on best business practices, we can survive and we plan for the down times.” Vicky
- LuAnn addresses the need to have a support group within the industry – mentors, business coaches, and experts in the area.
- Vicky provides an overview of the tools, processes, and systems that help her and her team to manage projects.
- Every team member is empowered to use their “Make It Right” policy.
- Learn from mistakes.
- Think about where you want to be and where you want to go so that you’re better equipped to lead your teams into the future.
- No matter where you are as a designer, you get there with a plan, taking action, and your support group.
- When things are tough, it doesn’t always mean that something is wrong.
- Don’t be paralyzed by fear!
Connect with Vicky!
19hours The Blueprint – Mydoma Studio
July 15th, 2020
EARLY BIRD PRICING OF $99 THROUGH JULY 14TH!!
Closing the Sale Begins at Hello
July 29 & 30, 2020
Go to IWCE Vision to register.
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Buy Wholesale For Profit with Traci Connell
Stop Buying Retail and Start Making Maximum Profit
KICKING OFF July 22, 2020
Design-Build For Profit – Coming Late Summer / Early Fall!
With Jenny Slingerland of Black Ink Interiors
Get on the Email List HERE!
Are You Interested in a 2 Million Plus Mastermind with LuAnn?
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “mastermind” in the subject line.
She’ll set up a call and see if it’s a good fit for you!
The first of 6 monthly meetings start in August, and there are 3 spots open!
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
FREE Trial! A One-Stop Shop to Keep Everything Organized!
Check Out Their Client Portal and Time Tracking Features!
Other shows mentioned