Power Talk Friday: Jamie Lieberman of Hashtag Legal: 5 Steps to Sharpen Your Negotiation Skills
Welcome to a Well-Designed Business! It’s Power Talk Friday, and LuAnn’s friend, Jamie Lieberman, joins the show today. Jamie also happens to be her lawyer and co-author of their upcoming book, A Well-Designed Business, The Power Talk Friday Experts, Vol 2, coming Fall 2020.
Jamie will be covering five steps to engaging effectively in any negotiation. This is a great topic because you can dramatically improve your profitability when you sharpen these skills. Negotiating is a learned skill, just like learning how to do floor plans, and just like learning to do floor plans, negotiating is a critical skill to ensure your success, so listen in and take some notes!
Jamie Lieberman is an attorney, podcaster and entrepreneur dedicated to making legal accessible and to sharing the message that legal does not have to be scary. As the owner and founder of Hashtag Legal, Jamie draws on her experience working with influencer marketing professionals, creatives and business owners to help her clients grow and protect their businesses.
She leads an all female, virtual team focused on providing clients with advice on a wide range of subjects such as intellectual property, contracts, privacy, FTC and general business law as well negotiation strategies. Jamie is a highly experienced speaker and is the co-host for the FearLess Business Podcast.
- If you’re an entrepreneur, you’re a sales person.
- Determine your tolerance for risk.
- Negotiation is about collaboration, and needs a holistic approach.
- Bargaining is what most people think negotiation is.
- There is so much strategy and research that goes into a true negotiation that by the time you get to bargaining, it’s an afterthought.
- Jamie details the five steps to effectively engage in negotiation, which are:
- Setting the Climate
- Getting Information
- Clarifying Positions & Interests
- After those five steps, that’s when you can memorialize your agreement in a contract.
- Don’t be surprised if you have multiple waves of negotiation before you actually sign a contract.
- Know your boundaries and know when and if it’s appropriate to walk away.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
The Making of A Well – Designed Business: Turn Inspiration into Action
A Well-Designed Business – The Power Talk Friday Experts
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Are you a #babydesigner, #risingdesigner, or a #seasoneddesigner?
Take the “What Level is Your Design Firm” Quiz and Find Out!
Get a list of things to do that day, by the end of the week and by the end of the month, in addition to the best podcast episodes to listen to appropriate to where you are in your business journey!
Connect with Jamie!
Jamie’s FearLess Podcast
Jamie’s YouTube Channel
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!
Be the hero for your clients, and be the solution they need right now with Article.
Previous Shows Mentioned:
Kwame Christian: #129 Jamie Lieberman #454 Article.com Jillian Cross #367