Denise Wenacur: The Design Build Business Model
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! On this episode, LuAnn sits down for a chat with Denise Wenacur, the principle of DW Design & Décor in Croton on the Hudson, which is a beautiful community just outside of NYC.
Design-build is the hot topic of the day, and you’ll learn the importance of having an interior designer as the point person for the client between the architect, the builder and themselves. She discusses the ways having an interior designer on their team from the outset truly benefits the process and the result of the project.
If that wasn’t enough, Denise will share tips for connecting with people who can introduce you to the type of projects you are looking for.
Tune in to this engaging and informative conversation!
- Denise recounts why and how she changed her business model to include the construction part.
- She is always the first point of contact as the interior designer. She rounds out each team with an architect, contractor, and whichever trades need to be added, as well.
- Each team member has their unique perspective and experience that they bring to the job, all working together for the good of the client and a perfect outcome.
- Making a 3D version of the architect’s plans can assist in both the design and the build in amazing ways.
- Denise has a video on her website explaining the pros and cons and importance of having a designer involved at the beginning of construction.
- One big successful project will generate referrals.
- Sharing on social media tips and ways that your services have made a positive impact will further help you to get noticed.
- Denise also holds a Construction Manager certificate from Pace University. This helps build confidence when she’s working with the rest of the team.
- Communication is everything, and it’s all about the client.
- Denise feels like she’s doing a good job when she gets new clients from her referral partners.
- Denise shares some ideas on how to meet architects and builders in the area.
- It’s important to create the relationship first.
- A CFO surprise!
- When you know your numbers, it instills confidence and that comes across to your clients.
- Potential clients will know if you know what you’re doing.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Book!
Connect with Denise!
Denise SINGS!The 1-4-5’s YouTube Channel
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!
Other episodes mentioned:
#380 Circle Design, John and Theresa Dorlini
#441 4Pt Design Build, Laura and Cliff Muller
#181 H2 Design Build, Angela Rasmussen