Laura & Cliff Muller: Four Point Design Build Firm
Welcome to today’s show! We’re excited to be interviewing Laura and Cliff Muller today. Laura and Cliff are the husband and wife team behind Four Point Design Build, an award-winning full-service multi-disciplinary residential and commercial high-level interior and architectural design, project management, and construction firm, based in Los Angeles. The landscape of interior design is changing, so design-build has become an incredible opportunity for interior designers to have control over their projects and to enjoy the fruits of a multi-dimensional process. In today’s episode, Cliff and Laura share some of their winning design-build processes, and Laura gives some great advice about mentorship and collaborating with build professionals. Tune in now, to find out more.
Four Point Design Build is owned and led by interior designer and general contractor, Laura and Cliff Muller, and with over sixty years of combined experience, FOUR POINT’s boutique hands-on style of design and project management from concept to turnkey, specializes in highly customized client-centered projects with an experienced and immaculate focus on whole home remodels, kitchens, baths, and office spaces. Cliff and Laura’s work has been seen Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, Better Homes & Gardens, House Beautiful, Metropolis, Hospitality Design, and CA Home & Design to name a few. Listen in today, to find out about what it takes to run a successful design-build business.
- There’s a fine line between professionalism and personal expression in the world of business today.
- Why Laura and Cliff make such an excellent husband and wife team.
- Celebrating all the different people involved in a project at the end.
- How they developed the name of their business.
- Cliff and Laura’s four-step business-process.
- Understanding what goes into a design-build project.
- The best way for a new designer to start out in the design-build world.
- Laura suggests that new designers find a design-build mentor to oversee their first small design-build project.
- The best way for a young designer to approach someone they would like to become their mentor.
- Laura explains how to make the right kind of connections.
- What has to happen at the beginning of a successful design-build project.
- The investigation and analysis that is necessary before the start of a design-build project.
- Knowing your self-worth and value, and the essence of the truth of your business is really empowering.
- Some websites that provide good information for designers and consumers to understand what to expect from a design-build project.
- Laura discusses the really well-received presentation that they did at the Las Vegas market, around the changing landscape of interior design.
Short Company Bio:
FOUR POINT DESIGN BUILD INC
LAURA MULLER – CEO, OWNER + PRINCIPAL
CLIFF MULLER – SENIOR CONSTRUCTION CONSULTANT
June 20, 2019
For Immediate Release
FOUR POINT DESIGN BUILD INC is an award-winning full service multi-disciplinary residential and commercial high-level interior and architectural design, project management, and construction firm based in Los Angeles, serving clients nationwide. Owned and led by Interior Designer and General Contractor, Laura and Cliff Muller, and with over sixty years of combined experience, FOUR POINT’s boutique hands-on style of design and project management from concept to turnkey specializes in highly customized client-centered projects with an experienced and immaculate focus on whole home remodels, kitchens, baths, and office spaces. From high-rise and mixed-use design-build to executive offices and luxury custom homes, Cliff and Laura guide and oversee every detail and project process with systems and teams in place that allow their Clients to relax and enjoy the blessings of designing and building a custom luxury #CleanFreshModernTM space. 
Cliff and Laura’s work has been seen Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, Better Homes & Gardens, House Beautiful, Metropolis, Hospitality Design, and CA Home & Design to name a few. Laura is the former President of the Los Angeles Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID/2016) and has the distinct honor of being selected to the prestigious 2018 DXV Design Panel and the elite 2019 Designer Council for Monogram Appliances. Cliff has collaborated on award-winning and highly celebrated projects with such renown architects as Patrick Tighe and Morphosis. 
Link to HIGH RES IMAGES: A WELL DESIGNED BUSINESS_PODCAST ASSETS
> Full Service Interior Design
> Architecture and Detailing
> Custom Furniture Design and Fabrication
> Construction Documents and Permit Acquisition
> Full Service Project and Construction Management and Administration
> Tenant Improvement
> Multi-Family and Mixed Use
TO LEARN MORE about us, our team, and our work, visit Four Point Design Build and SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter #The4ptReport
for tips and trends, means and methods, things we love, inspiration, resources and tools, and more. FOLLOW US @4ptDesignBuild on
Instagram Facebook Pinterest and Twitter.
C O N T A C T U S
Project Inquiries – Info@4ptdb.com
Media and Speaking Inquiries – Andrew@andrewjosephpr
S T U D I O
22048 Sherman Way, Suite 205 Canoga Park, CA 91303 | T 818.914.8826
LIC. B #982460
Website: 4 Point Design Build Inc
Instagram: 4 Point Design Build Inc
Twitter: 4 Point Design Build Inc
Facebook: 4 Point Design Build Inc
Pinterest: 4 Point Design Build Inc
The Design-Build Institute of America: DBIA
LuAnn is repeating her Power Talk Friday Tour this year in Las Vegas. It is a one-day coaching event and it will be held on Saturday, July 27th, and it will run from 8.00am to 11.00pm. It will include breakfast, lunch, and dinner, discussions with LuAnn’s PTF experts, and four hours of round table discussions, in groups of three or less, with each expert individually.
To get onto LuAnn’s email list to get the info, text the word DESIGNBIZ to the number 444999.