Power Talk Friday: Kim Dawson: Are You Charging Enough?
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Today, we have a business strategist, Kim Dawson, joining us. Kim enjoys working with business owners, helping them earn more and grow their businesses into successful enterprises. Her superpower is helping the owners of service-based businesses work out their ideal pricing formula. In other words, she guides them through a process of figuring out how much they should be charging, either per hour or for an entire project, to be profitable. Kim’s advice is to always start with the numbers so that you can plan and strategize to accomplish your goals, rather than wishing for them to happen. Be sure to listen in today, to find out what she has to share.
Kim is a lifelong entrepreneur. She has started many businesses of her own, including a local health and fitness studio, and she has also co-founded a software setup. Kim’s experience lies both in locally-focused, service-oriented businesses, and in online product-based businesses. Tune in now, to find out how to set and track your yearly financial goals, and make more profit from your business.
- Kim works with many different industries.
- Running a business is not for everybody.
- Owning a business does not mean that you know how to run one.
- Making a plan to earn your money.
- Getting your priorities in order.
- Looking at your numbers.
- Kim shares a formula for working out how much money you need to bring in each year.
- You need to know your market.
- Evaluating the whole situation before deciding to take something on helps you stay on target.
- Kim advises charging a flat fee, rather than an hourly fee.
- Working out your hourly rate.
- Finding the right market for the rate you’re charging.
- Using a strategic plan to get where you want to go.
- Tracking your time makes your billing easier.
- Kim used to have The Sassy Strategist Podcast.
The shows to go with this show: