Power Talk Friday: Gerri Detweiler: Do You Know What You Need to Know About Business Credit?
Welcome to another Power Talk Friday! Today, we’re very excited to be talking money with our guest, Gerri Detweiler! Gerri understands just how to talk to creatives like us about money in a way that we truly get it.
As designers, we need to understand that working intentionally with our business finances will ultimately allow us to bring our design talent to the world. However, many creatives struggle to understand the nuances of money and finance, so, in today’s episode, Gerri talks to us about business finance and she explains how to get access to a line of credit. Be sure to listen in, to get a clear understanding of credit and financing for your business.
Gerri has been guiding individuals through the confusing world of credit for more than twenty years. Her articles have been widely syndicated, and she is either the author or co-author of five books, including her most recent, Finance Your Own Business: Get on the Financing Fast Track. Gerri is also the Education Director for Nav, which matches small business owners to their best financing options and gives them free access to their personal and business credit scores. Tune in today, to find out more!
- Gerri admits that she’s not a numbers person. She does what she does because she loves helping people.
- Gerri hates seeing people making bad choices.
- Why you need to have a good financial buffer available for your business.
- Setting your business up smartly, for success.
- Protecting your personal finances from your business’s ups and downs.
- There are a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings about which cards to use in your business.
- Some clever strategies for saving on bank charges.
- Avoiding fraud with credit cards.
- Using business credit to benefit your cash-flow.
- Establishing a line of credit.
- There are many different loans available for small businesses via the SBA.
- Checking on business credit.
- Why you need to keep your personal credit scores separate from business credit scores.
- Business credit- use it or you’ll lose it.
- How Nav helps business owners.
- You can set up your business credit for free with Nav.
Nav: The coupon code for opening a premium Nav account is PODCAST.
Find out which small business credit cards don’t report to your personal credit: Nav
Get Nav’s free Build Business Credit Checklist at Nav Podcast
Previous shows mentioned in this episode: