Power Talk Friday: Ashley Micciche: Why Every Business Needs a Succession Plan
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We have Ashley Micciche, the CEO of True North Retirement Advisors, on the show with us today, and we’re talking exit strategies. This is a very important topic because you will need an exit strategy when you get to the point in your business career where you begin thinking about whether your business is viable to sell, why you should sell it, how to sell it, and what it’s worth. Everything you do in your business is about building it and setting yourself up for success. So, even if you’ve only been in business for a short while, you have no intention of selling in the foreseeable future, and you feel that your retirement is still a long way away, you will still benefit from this podcast. Listen in to find out more.
Ashley started her career as a financial advisor in 2007, after graduating, magna cum laude, with a bachelor of science degree in business finance, from Portland State University. True North Retirement Advisors is an independent financial advisory firm, located just outside of Portland Oregon, that manages two-hundred-and-thirty-million dollars in client assets. In today’s episode, Ashley explains to us how she specializes in designing, building, and implementing business exit plans to help business owners secure their final and most important business decision- their exit strategy. Ashley’s mission is to transition 300 small business owners successfully into retirement in ten years, so tune in today, to find out what she has to share about planning smartly for your future.
- Most businesses revolve around their owners, and that impacts negatively on the value of the business.
- Creating a thriving, systemized, well-oiled machine.
- Thinking about how your business could go on after you, or be sold when you are ready.
- Preparing for your exit as if you are going to do it.
- Where to start with thinking about exiting.
- What drives the value of your business?
- Ashley dispells a myth about valuing a business.
- Some things you should be aware of that decrease the value of a business.
- Ashley has a valuation tool and checklist on her website that you can use to value your business in just a few minutes.
- Some things to safeguard against.
- Getting unstuck and exiting your business with three universal steps.
- It’s very important to get an expert to guide you through the process of selling or buying a business.
- Go to Value My Business to value your business.
Previous episodes mentioned in the show:
Website: rue North Retirement Advisors
Facebook: rue North Retirement Advisors
LinkedIn: Ashley Micciche
LuAnn will be at the IDS Elevate Conference in Portland Oregon on Friday 1st November. RSVP link: ID Sport Land