Power Talk Friday: Pep Talk from LuAnn: Turn Inspiration into Action
Welcome to another episode of Power Talk Friday. Today, we’re having a solo show because LuAnn has some things to share about her event, LuAnn Nigara Live, which was held in New Jersey a month ago. She would also like to talk about some of the things you can do to take action in your business, in order to do better and become more profitable. Luann’s event was a really special experience and an outstanding success! Almost 200 designers, speakers, panelists, sponsors, as well as LuAnn’s team, attended the event and for two-and-a-half days, the room was filled with an electric atmosphere and they all really rocked it! Listen in today, to find out more.
LuAnn had a vision for the event, and she really knew what she had to do. And she did it! The conversations after the panel discussions were so interactive that it felt as if there were only twenty people in the room, even though there were almost 200 people there! It was really intense in the very best way possible so we’re working on doing it again, probably in eight months to a year’s time. In the meantime, there’s a lot of stuff coming up, like the smaller one-day events and the Power Talk Friday tours. Tune in now, to find out how to turn your inspiration into action.
- LuAnn thanks everyone and gives a quick recap of her event, LuAnn Nigara Live, It’s About The Conversation.
- You can go to the blog post on LuAnn’s website LuAnn Nigara to see the pictures and get an overview of everything that happened at the event.
- LuAnn talks about her new book, A Well-Designed Business- The Power Talk Friday Experts. It can really help you to up your game in business.
- LuAnn shares some of the keys to upping your business game.
- Watch your mindset, and be careful not to be closed to new ideas for success.
- Look at the stories you tell yourself about money.
- Examine your own mindset about numbers. Michele Williams, in LuAnn’s new book, says not to play the song in your head: I’m creative so I’m not good at numbers.
- Examine your mindset about your fees and don’t pretend your rates are about the area you live in. Your rates are related only to your confidence as a designer and business person.
- What it means to not save your client’s money.
- It is your job to make your clients aware of the best solution for their challenge or problem. They don’t have to do as you suggest but, as the expert, you must make them aware of it.
- Not saving your client’s money also means that when they can’t afford something, they don’t get it. You don’t lower the price to meet their budget.
- Customer service is critical in creating a successful business.
- Satisfied clients return. Dissatisfied don’t always tell you, they just don’t return.
- Own your mistakes. Clients know when you are lying and lying is worse than making a mistake.
- Take action!
- With so much information from the live event and the podcast, overwhelm becomes a real possibility, so you have to break things down and work on your business, to get better and to become more profitable.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
Links and resources:
Kravet is having a sale at their outlet. And on any regular Kravet fabric, wallpaper or trim order get 10% off with the code AWDB10 at checkout.
Mydoma Studio for project management, time tracking, invoices, communication and saving time: A Well Designed Business