Power Talk Friday: Chris Ramey – Attracting and Marketing to the Affluent
Welcome to today’s episode! We have Chris Ramey, the president of The Home Trust International and Affluent Insights/Retail-Rescue, on the show with us today. Chris is a marketing professional who is very well versed in both our industry and the habits and traits of affluent people and he truly understands all there is to know about the client and the consumer base, particularly within the affluent consumer market. He’s pointed out to us that research has shown that the biggest problem that interior designers are facing lately is finding clients. So today Chris, who really knows the kind of pain that many interior designers are experiencing right now, explains what luxury really means and how to interact with the extremely wealthy market. Listen in to find out more.
The Home Trust is an aggressive marketing agency with hyper-focused marketing programs to help them really penetrate the market. It is best known for its rich consumer-facing website which is aimed at high net-worth families, where they find the world’s best products and services for their homes. Chris is a consultant and a speaker, consulting and speaking to organizations with all luxury categories. He is the most quoted independent authority in the luxury segment and he has, in the past, been president of The Luxury Marketing Council Miami and The Luxury Marketing Council Palm Beach, as well as president and founder of Savvi Formalwear, and president of International Design Guild.
Chris is a member of National Speakers Association, a columnist for Hearst Business Publications’ Floor Covering Weekly, and he has earned the ‘Top 5% appellation’ from Gerson-Lehrman for his work with private equity firms investing in home and luxury segments. He also sits on the Retail Wire Brain Trust panel and he is a director for Domestic Estate Management Association Palm Beach.
Chris, originally from Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, now resides with his wife in Palm Beach County, Florida. Listen in to find out what he has to share with you on today’s show.
- How Chris came to understand the affluent market so well.
- What you, as a designer, need to understand in order to be successful in reaching the affluent market.
- You don’t sell to the affluent market- you fascinate them!
- What it takes to connect with the affluent market.
- Creating something that is uniquely yours.
- Why you need to constantly be honing who you are and what you do.
- Why it is really so important for you to have the courage to express your own, singular point of view.
- How Chris helps designers.
- Chris explains his ‘Laws of Luxury’.
- Why you should not align your brand with fashion.
- The different kind of business model and sales strategy that is applied to the luxury market.
- Evoking desire for your brand.
- Having money doesn’t necessarily make you a luxury consumer.
- How to market to the truly affluent.
- Scarcity is another pillar of luxury.
- How logos define you.
- Ways to get known within the really affluent market.
- Collaborating is always a pillar of luxury- but you really do need to have enough money to advertise.
- Why you really don’t want to be perceived as isolated.
- Surprising and delighting your client in a way that will drive loyalty to your brand.
Chris Websites: The Home Trust
Email Chris at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other episodes mentioned on the show:
Nancy Ganzekaupher #9