Power Talk Friday: The Ladies of Badassery on Creating an Engaged Community
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We have Samantha Parker and Kathy Rasmussen, the partners in the Badassery Community, with us on the show today. Samantha and Kathy are the co-founders of Badassery Magazine, the co-hosts of the Badassery Podcast, and they also have a book out, called Badassery Styled Community. These ladies are very real. They are trailblazers and they are on a mission. Together, they are creating an ultra-engaged community of women entrepreneurs who are fully committed to living bold and passion-filled lives. On the show today they share some great guiding principals on being authentic and doing things your way. Listen in to find out about the very significant work that these two dynamic ladies are doing.
Badassery Magazine is a resource for female business owners to navigate and embody the Badassery Lifestyle. The magazine features articles written by their community of contributors on topics including Entrepreneurship, Branding, Marketing, Mindset, Self Care, Health & Beauty, Home, Family, Travel, Food & Drink Recipes, Entertainment, Music, and lots more.
Samantha is ridiculously passionate about living a life of true Badassery. She believes that we all rise together and she puts community over competition. She has been featured on NowThis, The Daily Vee, Bold TV, and numerous interviews and podcasts.
Kathy is an idea cultivating machine and can strategically birth your idea to life. When she’s not busy connecting other entrepreneurs with fabulous experiences, you can find her being featured on NowThis, Bold TV, numerous interviews and podcasts. Kathy is passionate about owning who you are and stepping into the spotlight. Listen in to find out more.
- The backstory of how the Badass Community was started.
- How Samantha and Kathy first met.
- Kathy explains what she does, as an implementation strategist.
- Knowing your where your passion lies and what fulfills you.
- About the brand pillars of the Badass Community.
- Some pillars that would benefit designers.
- Embracing who you are and letting your authentic personality shine through.
- Thinking about what you want to be known for.
- Creating consistency throughout all your messaging.
- Determining what your brand pillars should be.
- The process of welcoming people to a community.
- Growing your design business through a Facebook community.
- Cultivating conversations within a Facebook community.
- Giving value and sharing your expertise within a Facebook community will get people to hire you.
- Getting loyalty from the personality brand you’re creating.
- Things that are necessary, but not obvious about the backend of running a community.
- Some of the things they do that really make the members feel special and want to stay in the community.
- To restrict your community or not?
Previous episodes mentioned on the show:
Website: Badassery Magazine
Facebook: Badassery Magazine
Instagram: Badassery Magazine
Badassery Mag: Badassery Magazine