Power Talk Friday: Nancy Hala: Branding Expert & Co-Host with Sheri Salata of This Is Fifty
Welcome to today’s show! We are very happy to introduce you to Nancy Hala today. Nancy is a branding expert and she’s also co-host of the podcast This Is Fifty With Sheri and Nancy. LuAnn truly loves and enjoys what Nancy and her co-host Sheri Salata are doing! Nancy and Sheri joined forces when they were both in their mid-fifties, to launch their company, start their podcast, and begin living The Pillar Life. They decided at the time that it’s never too late to make the rest of their dreams come true. And both still had a ton of dreams left that they really wanted to come true! On the show today, apart from picking Nancy’s expert brain, as a brand strategist, we will be talking to her about The Pillar Life, and leaning into starting a new life with career changes. Because sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and trust that the universe will support you. So listen in today to find out what Nancy has to share with you.
Nancy is a chief visionary of The Pillar Life. And This Is Fifty with Sheri + Nancy is a popular podcast about redefining and rebranding the middle of life. Sheri Salata and Nancy are lifelong soul-sister friends. And on their podcast they’re having conversations with experts, teachers and uplifters about fueling their imaginations and igniting the eight most important pillars of their lives: Health + Wellness, Spirituality + Happiness, Romance + Sex, Friends + Family, Creativity + Innovation, Adventure + Discovery, Sanctuary + Beauty, and Money + Abundance.
Nancy is also the innovator behind BrandStory, a trademark combination of brand strategy, storytelling and audience building, helping organizations articulate who they are, what they stand for, and where their brand’s spirit meets its mission. Nancy extends her business brand practice into personal brand development, working with individuals and groups in bespoke workshops designed to help participants understand and express their own personal brands. Listen in to find out more!
- Nancy shares her (and Sheri’s) core beliefs.
- Nancy believes that taking the risk and trusting in the support of the universe will open doors for you.
- Learning to dream without limitations.
- Most people really love their brand, or their organzation, as an extension of themselves.
- Their first mantra, when Sheri and Nancy started their company, was ‘dream big’.
- Shedding old beliefs about safety and security creates fun and excitement!
- Starting your own company or creating your own brand is one of the most creative things you can do as a business owner.
- Having a business is all about connecting with people- so you have to speak to them in a way that they can hear and understand you.
- The stories we tell ourselves make our dreams come true.
- Creating a really great narrative for your brand.
- Nancy’s four v’s: vision, values, virtues and voice.
- A vision is the foundational component of a brand story.
- Your virtues set you apart from your competitors or your peers.
- Your voice is the energy behind your brand.
- You need to be interested in something in order to be successful at it.
- Getting to the core of what really sets you apart from the rest.
- Getting into the virtue of what you do with authenticity and fearlessness.
- The Pillar Life consists of eight areas of life (or pillars) that we need to focus on, expand our energy over, and elevate our experience around.
- Nancy discusses her and Sheri’s reckoning moment.
- Content has to have a framework. And The Pillar Life has become the framework for Nancy and Sheri’s narrative.
- Finding your own, unique point of view on each pillar.
Previous episodes mentioned on the show: