Esther “Pinky” Kiss: How to Position Your Interior Design Business to Get PR
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We are really happy to introduce you to Esther (Pinky) Kiss today. Pinky is the founder of Born To Influence, a boutique publicity firm that specializes in helping experts and personal brands to get more publicity, leads, and sales. We will be talking to Pinky about how to get your ducks in a row, and understanding what you need to do, in order to be properly prepared for the marketing and PR process, and to gain credibility as an expert in your field. Today’s show is geared for the interior designer who is in their own market, with a successful business, who would like to access PR and media opportunities specifically to create more business for their firm. Listen in to find out what she has to share on the show today.
Pinky has worked on campaigns in a variety of industries, including software as a service, mobile apps, and digital information. She also has a podcast called Born To Influence, The Marketing Show, where although she does not air new interviews at this point, there is still a library available, on iTunes, containing tons of information. Pinky has also been involved in bringing several book launches to national bestseller and New York Times status. Listen in to find out more!
- The importance of having certain foundations in place, in order to be seen as an expert in your field.
- Why you need to be really clear about your goals.
- What you need to do to cover all the necessary bases, in order to get more clients.
- Positioning yourself to gain more credibility through publicity.
- The steps involved in creating an awesome bio to suit your specific needs.
- An example of a bio containing really compelling information.
- Creating a bio that will really earn you credibility
- The next step towards getting some publicity, once you have your bio and website locked down.
- How to really set yourself apart from the rest.
- Learning to understand the problems that your potential clients would be facing, and to think the way that your potential clients would be thinking.
- Creating your Intentional Media Message Content.
- Creating different pitches to suit different situations.
- Connecting your expertise to what the media is already interested in.
- Choosing the right talking points to suit specific media situations.
- Ways to connect with the right people in the right spaces.
- Why you should get some local TV experience before attempting to get onto national TV.
- Examining your underlying skill sets.
- Looking at big, current news items and connecting to that, to get publicity.
- All about Pinky’s online study course, Publicity Empire.
- The right time to hire a publicist.
- Pinky has a free giveaway of her Media Positioning Checklist. Go to borntoinfluence.com/checklist to get it!
For the free training segment of Pinky’s Publicity Empire online study course go to http://www.borntoinfluence.com/free-publicity-training
Previous episodes mentioned on this show:
Amy Flurry episodes #108 and #323
Pulp Design Studio episodes #176 and #310