Flash Back Friday: Tiffannie White, The Nappy Bohemian: Your “Only” and Lessons From a New Interior Design Business
On Today’s Flashback Friday
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business. Today, I am introducing a new kind of episode to the show! Welcome to Flash Back Friday, where I revisit old episodes of the podcast. After so many successful years of interviews, there was a need, for both new listeners and long-time listeners alike, to revisit the archives.
For new listeners, it is an opportunity to be introduced to older shows they missed, and for long-time listeners, it’s a chance to refresh the ah-ha moments of the past!
So here we go! Today, we are revisiting “Episode 423: Tiffannie White, The Nappy Bohemian: Your “Only” and Lessons From a New Interior Design Business”.
From the archives…
On today’s show! We’re talking to Tiffannie White today, the creator of The Nappy Bohemian, located in Oakland, California. Tiffannie is a blogger, an interior stylist, and an e-designer and she also has a full-time position as a design consultant at Fireclay Tile. After spending many years as a career sales professional, The Nappy Bohemian was born in 2017 because Tiffannie wanted to merge her architecture education, her love for tile and ceramics, and her desire to showcase the real black experience in the world of interior design. Tune in today, to hear about Tiffannie’s business, what she’s doing, and the lessons she’s learned from running her business.
Tiffannie’s job with Fireclay Tile has allowed her an inside look on the world of artisan makers, and it has also connected her with terrific designers in her East Coast territory. In today’s episode, she describes how much she loves her job, she talks openly about the lessons and challenges she experienced in her first year in business, and she shares her goals for the year to come. Listen in now, to find out more.
- Tiffannie talks about her traumatic experience of taking her daughter to the hospital and how her daughter really loved the decor there. This showed Tiffannie just how important interior design really is in people’s lives.
- Creating a holistic space is really important for Tiffannie.
- About Tiffannie’s personal and unique ‘only’.
- Tiffannie is proud of the lessons she’s learned.
- Tiffannie talks about her first eighteen months in business.
- Being focused and clear in her vision.
- All about Tiffannie’s e-design packages.
- Tiffannie’s e-design is driven mainly through her Instagram and word-of-mouth.
- Settling on a name.
- Going with the flow and trusting.
- Some of the challenges she’s faced.
- You have to value what you do to have a thriving business.
- Being careful not to compromise in too many areas when starting out in a business.
- Work for free only if it’s worth your while.
- Some tips about blogging.
- Tiffannie’s business goals for the next year.
Connect with Tiffannie:
Previous shows mentioned: