Debbie Mathews: Systems for Stress-Free Growth
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! LuAnn’s guest today is Debbie Mathews of Debbie Mathews Antiques and Designs, LLC, and Debbie will be walking us through easily implementable, effective systems to take care of all those tiny details so that we have the time to focus on the big things in our business. Debbie revamped her growing business to ensure she and her team are less stressed while consistently providing their clients with an A+ experience. Be sure to listen and see if some of her ideas will help you be more productive and less stressed, too!
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Debbie Mathews Antiques and Designs, LLC is a full-service interior design firm that specializes in high-end residential projects. From new construction to simple refreshes, their goal is to realize each room’s greatest potential. With a keen focus to detail, their team works collaboratively with clients to navigate through the many decisions involved with high-quality, custom design work. Clients repeatedly tell them that their diverse experience, infectious energy, and unparalleled service make the process efficient and enjoyable. Debbie’s passion for beautiful things, paired with her love of antiques and timeless architecture, gives each of their interiors a sense of history and purpose. She is uniquely recognized for her hallmark design aesthetic of anchoring a room with timeless antiques and layering in more contemporary furniture and accessories. Her 30+ years of experience buying and selling fine antiques has proven to be a design distinction often unmatched. Because of this dedication to timeless and classic elements of design, her projects always reflect charm, warmth, and curated beauty. Debbie Mathews Antiques and Designs, LLC welcomes the opportunity to showcase their mantra to you: Timeless. Collected. Beautiful.
- “As my business grows, it does not mean that my plate gets larger.”
- Growing pains forced Debbie to take a look at what was on her plate, and what could be delegated.
- The biggest gift Debbie ever gave herself was when she outsourced her bookkeeping and accounting services.
- Debbie discusses the project management software that she has implemented to streamline her work.
- After 30 years of being in business, Debbie starts tracking her metrics.
- Being proactive rather than reactive has been Debbie’s focus over the last year.
- Debbie learned from reading LuAnn’s books, The Making of A Well – Designed Business: Turn Inspiration into Action and A Well-Designed Business – The Power Talk Friday Experts, plus the classic The E-Myth.
- “The Daily Checklist” is something Debbie and her team members use each day and it gives them all confidence that the office administration can get done if Debbie needs to be away from work.
- What is covered in their weekly and monthly meetings.
- Debbie is a new member of EO – The Entrepreneur Organization, and she shares how impactful it has been for her.
- How to set a really good rhythm to the week, set expectations with the team, and let everyone consistently plan by time-blocking.
- Client meetings involve a designer that takes minutes for a comprehensive summary of the entire visit, which are later turned over to the client for confirmation that everyone is on the same page.
- You only have one chance to make a good first impression on a client, and these steps that Debbie has implemented has given her confidence that she will.
Connect with Debbie!
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Design-Build For Profit – Kicking Off September 23, 2020!
With Jenny Slingerland of Black Ink Interiors
Increase Your Confidence, Increase Your Profits – Kicking Off September 23, 2020!
With Desi Creswell
The Profit Is In The Numbers 101 with Kathleen Anderson
The Profit Is In The Numbers 102 with Peter Lang
Coming September 2020!
Early Bird Registration Sept 4 – Sept 20
Classes: Sept 22 – Sept 24
Get the Goodies! – For checklists, resources, and extra goodies!
To Get on LuAnn’s Email List, text the word designbiz to 444999!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
FREE Trial! A One-Stop Shop to Keep Everything Organized!
Check Out Their Client Portal and Time Tracking Features!