Robin Baron: Strategic Thinking on Product Development
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! LuAnn’s guest is Robin Baron, who first joined LuAnn in episode #32. Robin is a #smartlady with an incredible body of work which includes being a celebrity interior designer, lifestyle expert, and a luxury home-furnishings designer. Based in NYC, Robin always brings a striking sense of fashion and style to everything she does as a successful interior designer. Robin knows that flexibility is important, so customization is available in almost every piece in her collections.
Celebrating 30 years in business Robin could have spoken on several topics but chose her strategy for designing and bringing a product to market. If you have ever dreamt about designing your own product, please, get a pen and paper for this show. Robin truly shares every aspect that you must consider before you set out on this path. Her advice is well earned and it is easy to hear the depth and breadth of her experience as a thoughtful business woman!
Robin thrives on creating homes that are unique and fabulous while maintaining a warm and inviting atmosphere. Reflecting her motto that “Confidence Begins at Home™”, she prides herself on her ability to capture her clients’ individual personalities and bring positivity into their homes.
Robin has significant experience on TV, video, and radio including appearing on HGTV, Bravo, and NBC and has been featured in many print and online publications. Robin is the Brand Ambassador for the NY NOW show, and also tours the country as a spokesperson, speaking to audiences at events both within the industry as well as to the public. She enjoys providing lifestyle and design tips through her award-winning blog “Simplifying Fabulous!™” and her multi-platform social media presence.
- There are five categories of products that Robin has brought to market:
- Case Goods
- You have to set your macro goal, and then from there, set your micro goals, which are the goals that will get you to the bigger goal.
- Robin addresses licensing and how it needs to be a part of your overall marketing plan because it doesn’t really make you money, initially.
- Robin shares some tangible advice regarding bringing a product to a market:
- First, analyze the need in the market for your product idea. Have you looked around to see if anyone else is providing it?
- Next, are you the one to fill this need? Do you have the solution?
- Do you have the pockets deep enough to fund your idea and take it across the finish line?
- Does it fit into your overall goals for yourself and your business?
- A ‘Robin-ism’: If you don’t take a chance, you don’t get one!
- You don’t have to be an extrovert to be successful, you just have to know who you are.
- You’re only as good as the people you surround yourself with. You have to have support.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
LuAnn’s Window Works – Facebook – Please Follow!
LuAnn’s Window Works – Instagram – Please Follow!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Are you a #babydesigner, #risingdesigner, or a #seasoneddesigner?
Take the “What Level is Your Design Firm” Quiz and Find Out!
Get a list of things to do that day, by the end of the week and by the end of the month, in addition to the best podcast episodes to listen to appropriate to where you are in your business journey!
Connect with Robin!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
Take Advantage of Kravet Inc.’s Extensive Digital Tools & 24/7 Customer Service!
Set Up a Virtual Appointment with Your Local Sales Representative:
Jaipur Living’s Website – Easy to Browse, Custom Calculator, Products Ready to Ship! Open Your Trade Account to Begin Your Relationship with This Admirable Company.