Krista Watterworth Alterman: Leaders Lead and Leaders Succeed
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business! LuAnn gets to chat with Krista Watterworth Alterman, CEO of Krista Home in Palm Beach, Florida, about company mission and vision, how important it is to lift others up, and very timely advice on how to face fear.
Krista leads her company with purpose and clarity. She is the kind of CEO that has taken the time to figure these things out for herself and as you listen, you will hear how it guides every decision she makes, from client interaction to creating, training and leading her team. You don’t want to miss this engaging conversation!
Krista is the CEO of Krista Home located in Palm Beach Florida. Originally from Connecticut and trained in NY at Parsons School of Interior Design with a masters of Fine Arts from the New School, NYC, Krista is known for her highly acclaimed HGTV shows Save My Bath and Splurge & Save. She’s also been featured on The Food Network’s Restaurant Impossible and DIY’s The Vanilla Ice Project for seven seasons.
Selected as one of the designers for the prestigious Kips Bay Show House in 2019 Krista has also won two 2018 American Society of Interior Designers Crystal Awards, a 2018 LUXE Residential Excellence Award and three 2017 American Society of Interior Designers Design Excellence Awards.
Krista was one of the selected designers for the prestigious Kips Bay Show House in 2019. She won two 2018 American Society of Interior Designers Crystal Awards, a 2018 LUXE Residential Excellence Award and three 2017 American Society of Interior Designers Design Excellence Awards.
Her work is regularly featured in many publications including Architectural Digest, Decor, Luxe Interiors & Design, Florida Design, Good Housekeeping, HGTV Magazine, Southern Style At Home and Cottages & Bungalows.
- When an employee hasn’t risen to exceptional status, it can sometimes be because we haven’t empowered them to properly do their job when they don’t have a clear understanding of their job description.
- Streamlining her business helped Krista and her team figure out who was responsible for providing different services, and how they could do it in a way that was fun and empowering for everybody so they loved coming to work.
- In doing this, she wanted to discover people’s natural talents and expertise.
- Krista wants her company to be able to function without her presence.
- Employees need clarity on their roles but they also need clarity on your company’s mission and vision.
- Service is Krista’s mission and she shares the relevance of saying, “Yes, And”.
- LuAnn emphasizes the importance of words.
- “A Design Lab” rather than a “Design Presentation”: Krista describes her plan to make everything fun for her clients when they come in to finalize the work product.
- When you feel fearful or anxious about something, it’s time for action. You need to do something to propel yourself forward.
- What you’re naturally good at is what you grow your passion around. Krista describes her employees’ job descriptions and how each of their strengths complement their positions.
- Having a philosophy in life that brings you great happiness and carrying that over to your work life is a win/win situation.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Book!
Sara’s Blog post onLuAnn’sBlog
LIVE CLASS with Sara Lynn Brennan, Starting April 22!
If you need help with your processes, in getting your business systemized so you can scale, you can hire, you can finally be confident in your projects, Process Leads to Profits is back! To find out all about this live class, taught over 6 consecutive weeks starting April 22, go to Process Leads To Profits.
Connect with Krista!
A Well-Designed Business – The Power Talk Friday Experts by LuAnn Nigara & Friends
3 Words for Getting Unstuck: Live Yes, And!by Travis L. Thomas
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
*Jaipur Living’s Website – Easy to Browse, Custom Calculator, Products Ready to Ship! Open Your Trade Account to Begin Your Relationship with This Admirable Company.
*Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!
Be the hero for your clients, and be the solution they need right now with Article.
Previous Show Mentioned: