Bria Hammel: Keys to Scaling Your Interior Design Firm
Welcome! Today we have Bria Hammel, the Principal Designer and CEO of Bria Hammel Interiors, the CEO of Brooke & Lou, and the Co-Creator of Hammel House & Co., with us on the show. Bria leads a team of sixteen highly-skilled women who run thirty to forty significant projects each year. The company has two design teams working on the details and execution of all their projects. In today’s episode, Bria explains the particulars of the way she runs her firm, she talks to us about how she learned to operate a well-managed company, and she shares the keys to scaling your interior design firm. Listen in, to find out more about Bria and the way she runs her highly-organized and very successful business.
Bria’s work has been featured in national publications like Traditional Home, Magnolia Journal, Good Housekeeping, HGTV Magazine, My Domain, Style Me Pretty, and also in many other local shelter regional magazines. She was awarded the ‘Fresh Faces of Design’ award from HGTV in 2015 and 2018, and she’s been nominated for an international design award. Bria was also selected as a 2018 Style Spotter by High Point Market Authority. Tune in now, find out what to do to make your design firm a whole lot better.
- Bria has almost 100 000 followers on Instagram.
- Bria talks about the specific roles played within her team of sixteen talented women.
- Pricing things accurately is very important for interior designers.
- It’s very important to keep your clients regularly updated about their projects.
- Bria explains why she loves listening to podcasts.
- Businesses go stale when they stop growing because they think they know how to do everything perfectly.
- You can gain a lot from working for somebody else before starting your own design firm. Bria cut her teeth at Ethan Allen and she even became their Design Manager because they believed in her.
- Bria explains the phases of her design process.
- How Bria’s teams are run.
- The way that Bria’s trust in her team engenders her clients’ trust in her firm.
- Bria talks about the Friday reports that she gets from her team each week.
- Asana helps Bria and her team to coordinate their projects and Slack helps them to communicate in a very organized way.
- Organization is key to scaling your business.
- Bria has added a retail component to her business with Brooke & Lou and their exclusively designed, Life Friendly products.
- Bria explains what the EOS system is about and how it works.
PRINCIPAL DESIGNER & CEO
Bria is the Principal Designer and CEO of Bria Hammel Interiors, the CEO of Brooke & Lou and Co-Creator of Hammel House & Co. She leads a fresh, talented team of women who are dedicated to designing beautiful, inviting homes for clients. For Bria, every project is about creating a home ﬁlled with surprising, thoughtful spaces that lead to unexpected moments. She has an incredible eye for detail and has a passion for designing spaces that tell her clients’ stories.
Bria’s work has been featured in national publications such as Traditional Home, HGTV Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Style Me Pretty, as well as many other local shelter magazines. She received the “Fresh Faces of Design” award in 2015 and 2018 from HGTV, has been nominated for an International Design Award and was selected as a 2018 Style Spotter for High Point Market Authority.
Bria was intrigued by design at a young age and grew up visiting wallpaper stores and furniture showrooms, as her mother was an “in-the-closet” designer. Bria has been fortunate enough to travel the world, which has given her a unique perspective on how people live, as well as a deep understanding of how different spaces can come together in incredible ways.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
Tools that Bria’s team uses:
If you are interested in using Bria’s Life Friendly products, be sure to set up your trade account today. Go to Brooke And Lou
Link for LuAnn’s book LuAnn Nigara
Books recommended for learning about the EOS System: