Power Talk Friday: Bonnie Fahy: How to Hire a Virtual Assistant for Your Interior Design Business
Welcome to today’s Power Talk Friday! We have Bonnie Fahy with us on the show. Bonnie is the creator of Source It!, which Forbes once called “the world’s premier education in online hiring and outsourcing for entrepreneurs”. Although outsourcing is the obvious thing for a number of businesses to do, LuAnn wasn’t a hundred percent sure that it would be transferable to the design industry. After having a conversation with Bonnie, however, she decided that it was viable for us. Because there are so many things that go into running a business and you really don’t have to do it all yourself. So you could consider employing a virtual assistant. And Bonnie specializes in helping people understand the best process for hiring VAs. Listen in today to find out what Bonnie has to share with you.
From her humble beginnings as a balloon artist, Bonnie Fahy has grown to become the ultimate hiring guru, helping hundreds of overwhelmed business owners balance their dreams with a work lifestyle that suits them best. She stumbled on outsourcing early in her internet marketing career and she was amazed to see her profits quadruple in only three short months! This really inspired her, so she began consulting with, and helping other entrepreneurs to grow their businesses to six and seven figures using the same strategies and methods. Bonnie has helped a roster of prominent entrepreneurs take back their time by leveraging high-quality virtual assistants, web developers and graphic designers for a fraction of the cost. Her business insights are based on the foundations of personal development and human psychology, and the shortcuts she teaches her mentees have helped them spectacularly transformed their lives. Listen in to hear about Bonnie’s powerful strategies.
- Why Bonnie thinks that a VA is such a viable resource for a small business owner.
- You can hire a much higher level person from the Philippines at a fraction of the cost.
- Hiring the right person for the task.
- Taking responsibility for clear communication.
- Systematizing things is vital.
- Your VA can actually help you to create and document systems.
- Where hybrid sourcing comes into the picture.
- People are often unsure about which tasks to delegate.
- Bonnie has loads of free content on her website.
- The kind of tasks an online assistant could do for you, as an interior designer.
- Mastering the art of communication through conflict.
- Tools for protecting passwords while allowing someone else to use them.
- Freeing yourself up to do the things you do best.
- The kind of person to look for as a VA.
- Where to go, find the best VA.
- Writing a really compelling job ad.
- Testing for agreeableness.
- Finding the perfect person for the perfect price.
- Doing ‘get to know you’ calls.
- Resources for finding online assistance outside the US.
- Remember that it’s always about the process.
Other episodes mentioned on the show:
Resources for finding online assistance in the US:
Recommended resources for finding online assistance outside the US:
International Facebook groups for VAs.
For the automated webinar go to The Live More Formula