Power Talk Friday: Jane Dagmi: Editor in Chief of Designers Today
Welcome to today’s episode. We have Jane Dagni, the new editor-in-chief of Designers Today Magazine with us on the show today. Jane is a really well-regarded and true professional and today she will be talking to us about her new position as editor-in-chief, her take on the design industry, and also her future plans for the magazine. Listen in today to find out how Jane has really earned her respect in the design community.
Jane Dagni became an assistant editor at Country Living Magazine, a B2B magazine for professional interior designers, decorators and related businesses twenty-six years ago. She spent fourteen years at Country Living, where she wrote and produced at least a hundred-and-fifty feature stories and wrote countless columns. For the next eight years, she worked on writing gigs, short projects, and substitute teaching to support her family. Her clients included Benjamin Moore, Bob Vila, the Cottage and Gardens Magazines and Fort Lauderdale Magazine. In 2014 her colleague, Amy Flurry, recommended Jane as a communications manager at a tech startup that was creating a project management sourcing software for small boutique interior design firms. When the company closed Jane was hired as the editorial director at Steel Yard. Then, in December of 2017, Jane became editor-in-chief of Designers Today Magazine. Jane also participates in industry panels and Listen in today to find out more.
- What makes Designers Today such an awesome magazine.
- Jane’s mission for the magazine.
- Designers Today is becoming a subscription magazine. Go to designerstoday.com to sign up.
- Jane explains what’s happening with her magazine at the moment.
- What makes Designers Today really stand out from other magazines.
- The thrust of the magazine.
- Some fun and unexpected things about Designers Today.
- Building trust is really a big thing for Jane.
- What Jane looks for in new designers.
- The way that Jane is changing the structure of the magazine.
- How Jane plans the issues of the magazine.
- How Jane would like designers to communicate their journeys with her.
- Why Jane really doesn’t want people to feel intimidated.
- Bypassing the small talk.
- The kind of inspiration that Jane gets from vintage magazines.
- The way that Jane is bringing the magazine back to life.
- All about Jane’s Designer Experience. Go to designer-experience.com.
- Jane’s blog is a great way for designers to find out what she’s looking for.
Other episodes mentioned on the show:
Designers Today’s website: Designers Today
Instagram: Jane Dagmi
LinkedIn: Jane Dagmi
Twitter: Jane Dagmi
Jane’s email: email@example.com
Books Mentioned on the Show: