Power Talk Friday: Kate Ahl: Pinterest for Your Interior Design Firm
Welcome to today’s episode! We’re very happy to finally be doing our second show on Pinterest today and we have Kate Ahl, the owner of Simple Pin Media, on the show with us. Kate teaches Pinterest marketing and she is really passionate about helping bloggers, content creators, and small business owners to grow by using Pinterest for their business. If you don’t really have your Pinterest locked down as yet, you can go back and listen in to episode #292 with Summer Tannhauser to get the basics, because today, Kate and LuAnn will take you onto the next step. You’re really in for a treat, so listen in now to find out more!
Kate does full-service management of people’s Pinterest accounts and she also does consult calls with people who really need to get their Pinterest house in order. Kate originally started Simple Pin as a way to help her blogger friends to focus on creating content for their blogs and now, four years later, she has worked with more than four hundred accounts and she has one hundred management clients on her books.
Simple Pin was started on a whim and a prayer that it could provide for a family financially when they were living off government assistance and only $1000 per month! Kate runs Simple Pin out of her She Shed in her garden, and she even has a Pinterest board devoted to her She Shed ideas. She finds working from home a peaceful way to balance her family life, as she has three kids and also a bonus foster baby to care for. Kate and her husband are passionate about running their businesses in a way that allows them the space to do great things that can really impact their community. Kate often gets asked to speak on Pinterest and she has spoken at Build Your Blog Conference, Indulge and Blended, SNAP, and Social Media Marketing World. This year, she will be speaking at Activate, Everything Food, and Fincon. She really loves speaking about Pinterest, so listen in to find out what she has to share with you on the show today!
- Pinterest is actually a search engine- it’s like a visual Google!
- Some things that you really need to know, to make your Pinterest more effective and to drive more people to your website.
- The importance of having the right kind of images on Pinterest.
- Supplying the right information about your images on Pinterest.
- The two types of people to be found on Pinterest.
- Pinterest is a place where people go to dream and plan- and to save their ideas.
- How to specify where you are located on Pinterest.
- Telling your story with catchy phrases on your pins.
- Thinking about your clients’ pain points when creating your posts.
- Earning people’s trust with Pinterest.
- Thinking of your website as a central hub.
- Why you, as a designer, should encourage your clients to create a Pinterest board.
- Innovative ways of creating your various Pinterest boards.
- Why it’s still really worth using Pinterest, even though it can take a while to build up steam.
- How Pinterest is actually designed to help people take action.
- Some tips for your best pinning practices.
- Why it’s okay to use the same images over and over again!
- Why you really have to listen to the Simple Pin Podcast!
- All about Kate’s Full Pinterest Planner- you can download it for free at simplepinmedia.com/planner!
Other episodes mentioned on today’s show:
Leslie Carothers (Savour Partnership) #209 Links:
Website: Simple Pin Media Pinterest: Simple Pin Media Facebook: Simple Pin Media Twitter: Simple Pin Media Podcast: Simple Pin Media Podcast