Camp Chroma, Color Training for Interior Designers
As Interior Designers, we spend a lot of our time thinking about and choosing color. Have you ever stopped to wonder how that color is actually made? No, we are not talking about mixing pigments at the paint store. Today, I want to dive into the amazing topic of color data. What are the measurable ways that one color is distinct from another? Is there a quantity we can use to describe why some colors work better together than others? Here to help you unravel your Color DNA is Lori Sawaya, the podcast’s newest sponsor, and my amazing guest this week.
Lori got her start in graphic design, and as color printing became more readily available, she started to become obsessed with the color management aspects of her career. This obsession turned into several years of dedicated training and study, which led Lori to a whole new understanding of color and how we measure it. From there, Lori developed a course that would teach other designers how to not just measure color data but use it within their design process.
Lori’s business, Camp Chroma, is all about giving you the foundational tools you need to leverage the power of color data. Other industries rely heavily on the values and measurements surrounding color, so why not Interior Design? Listen to this week’s episode to learn all about how color functions, and how you can begin your journey with Camp Chroma. It’s a whole new world out there, and the future of color looking bright! I am delighted about the partnership between A Well Designed Business and Camp Chroma, and I know you will be too.
More in this episode:
- Lori tells us all about why she loves color so much.
- Learn all about how color gets made and why Camp Chroma is so powerful!
- The tools and that you need to analyze color.
- Now that you have data on color, you need to learn how to utilize it.
- The actual surfaces that you can use to measure color DNA.
- Discover the possibilities of the hue angle.
- We are busting the super big urban legends about color!
- Take the time to play with your data.
- We have actually quantified how humans perceive color.
- Dive into Lori’s design process, armed with the data values.
- What it means for Lori to be an Architectural Color Design Expert.
- Camp Chroma starts with the foundation and builds your skills from the ground up.
This episode is sponsored by:
Join in Online