Power Talk Friday: Vince & LuAnn Nigara – Work with the people you love and care for as they will also care for your business
If you’re planning to set up a family business, this podcast will give you valuable insights to help make your business a phenomenal success. LuAnn presents the one big factor that has contributed to the success of the family business, Window Works. It’s the vital role played by her husband Vince. He’s the so-called “Systems Nazi” in the company and his role– accounting, finance, and systems administration—keeps the business organized, efficient, and effective. The role of the family members is to provide a strong, effective teamwork. Everyone’s commitment (including their extended family of employees) is strong. The plans and goals keep the family together in pursuing their common goals.
Vince is fully committed to the quality of customer service that Window Works delivers. He sets up the rules, everyone else’s role, as well as the interconnected systems for 1) monitoring the processes and results, and 2) motivating the team to aim for a higher level of progress and success.
Window Works, as a family business, is less bureaucratic, has a built-in trust factor with established relationships (customers, partners, dealers, suppliers, employees) and provides for the hands-on training and early exposure to the next generation. That, by itself, is part of the business plan.
- Business planning often guides the entire planning process and sets the agenda for the future operations of the business. Vince and Luann develop both the big mission and small mission plans.
- They aim for an exceptional level of customer service – the most critical factor that differentiates their business from the rest of the heavy competition
- Price point is not the only factor – identify the product and service you want to offer, its value
- Determine your “awesomeness” that makes you stand out in the marketplace
- Find out what the customer needs, wants, and is capable of paying for
- Aspire to bring the very best among the many products and services you offer
Get the rest of the tips from our resource center: Window Works