Terri Taylor: Interior Design Business Academy 2020 Summit
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business, it’s Power Talk Friday! Today’s Power Talk Friday is sponsored by Interior Design Business Academy and specifically the Interior Design Business Academy 2020 Summit, which is happening Wednesday, November 4 thru Friday, November 6, 2020.
This event will run from 10:00 am EST to 6:00 pm and it is entirely virtual.
In today’s conversation, Terri Taylor not only shares all the details of the outstanding Summit she has planned for you, but she shares valuable tips for running your firm. After 30 years in the industry, Terri has tons of experience in running her own firm and teaching you how to do it through her Interior Design Business Academy.
And to be clear, the summit is open to all interior design business owners, not just IDBA coaching members, so be sure to check it out at Interior Design Business Academy Summit 2020
Terri Taylor is a frequent speaker and guest lecturer at design conferences and showrooms throughout the country. She speaks on a number of topics related to the business of interior design, including: business practices, sales, marketing, motivation, leadership, success, and personal growth.
Ms. Taylor is nationally known as an interior design business expert and coach who teaches and mentors interior designers to help them create successful design businesses.
Terri has over 32 years in the interior design and construction business. She holds both residential and commercial general remodeling Arizona Contractors Licenses, and qualified for her NCIDQ certification in 1991. Terri is a professional member of ASID, IDS, and NCIDQ.
Her Tucson-based design studio, Taylor Design Group, was a diversified design practice working in the areas of high-end residential design and remodeling, model home merchandising, hospitality, and medical and professional offices. Her studio has been the recipient of ASID Arizona South Chapter Design Excellence Awards every year since 1986 and she received the ASID National Design Excellence Award in 2000. Terri’s design work has been published in regional and national design journals, including ASID ICON and Wall St. Journal. Terri retired from her studio practice in 2015.
In 2009, Ms. Taylor created Design Biz Blueprint (now Interior Design Business Academy); an education and coaching resource that provides a unique mix of design business strategies and systems, and powerful positive mindset to help interior designers create meaningful success. She’s inspired thousands of interior design entrepreneurs through her speaking engagements, seminars, on-line education, and coaching.
Terri connects with heart-centered designers to help grow their business strategy, accountability, and profitability all while undergoing a beautiful personal transformation.
- The “nuts and bolts” side of how interior designers can get paid what they are worth is a part of the system that Terri teaches at Interior Design Business Academy:
- Advantages of fees vs. hourly, and design fees in relation to project budgets
- Pricing product/furniture properly so you don’t get push back and clients are happy
- How to have profitable remodeling jobs
- How to present and price a big design fee on a huge new build
- What your profit margin on a design job should be
- Your mindset around wealth consciousness is actually the secret to getting paid what you are worth.
- Terri provides reasons why and examples of how designers are often in their own way.
- Once you identify and release those beliefs, rules, and practices that are keeping you “in your own way”, the “how-tos” easily fall into place.
- Interior Design Business Academy is a blend of educational programs and coaching: It’s lots of step-by-step, how-to-do-it recipes backed up by coaching, which creates predictably successful results.
- Terri explains the Growth, Structure, and Masters programs that she offers at Interior Design Business Academy.
- “Fly the plane while you build it.”
- Terri Taylor is the founder and host of the upcoming Interior Design Business Academy 2020 Summit – “Mastering Design Fees and Pricing”. Although it’s required by her Growth, Structure, and Masters students, this retreat is also open to the public!
- The 2020 Summit is a very interactive, 3-day virtual retreat, with lots of connection and sharing with designers across the country, breakout groups, all worksheets/handouts, coaching, Q and A time with Terri, and dancing… yes, it’s true, believe it or not!
- The 2020 Summit – “Mastering Design Fees and Pricing” is where:
- your passion for design combines with the ability to earn what you’re worth to become a reality.
- you will gain the confidence to make the shift and get the “recipe” for making consistently profitable fee-based offers for design services.
- you will learn to embrace your beautiful design gifts and attract high-paying clients to become a confident, well-paid designer.
- you do the “inside” work that allows you to shift into the abundant, confident, well-paid designer you are destined to be.
- you will uncover the freedom and fulfillment you’ve always wanted.
- This Summit is for pros, third acts, stars, leaders, game-changers, beginners, creatives, and IDBA members!
- There’s a Special Bonus “Wealth Consciousness Intensive Live” with Terri for Early Bird ticket holders only!
- Don’t miss the virtual mix and mingle event before the Summit!
- Remember: the only way you breakthrough is to COMMIT to doing whatever it takes to achieve the life, clients, and jobs you want.
Connect with Terri!
Interior Design Business Academy 2020 Summit
“Mastering Design Fees & Pricing”
Wednesday, November 4th thru Friday, November 6th, 2020
Admission: $347 or 2 payments of $207
*Early Bird pricing only valid until midnight, October 20th
*Early Bird BONUS – A pre-event Wealth Consciousness Workshop with Terri so that you can get a head start into shifting your mindset and getting paid what you are really worth!
Coming Back Soon!
Coming Back in February 2021!
Coming Back Soon!
Process Leads to Profits – Returning November 2020! Learn the Four P’s of design from Sara Lynn Brennan: Processes, Partnerships, Packages and Profits…as well as the “secret sauce” that has doubled her business in the last year! Sign Up For Updates HERE!
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Get the Goodies! – For checklists, resources, and extra goodies!
To Get on LuAnn’s Email List, text the word designbiz to 444999!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to This Podcast Sponsor:
Other shows mentioned: