Reena Philpot: Ideas for Flexing Your Sales Muscles
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business, it’s Power Talk Friday! Today, Reena Philpot joins us to share her love of sales – and you’ll never guess what she’s selling!
Reena (pronounced “Re-Nay”) and her husband own Precision Duplicating Solutions, and for 18 years, Reena’s helped build a successful business selling…copiers. That’s right folks – she sells pricey copy machines – and she loves it! It doesn’t matter what you’re selling, because sales is sales, and Reena’s techniques can absolutely be applied to the design business.
Listen in to learn what sales tactics Reena has used to build her business, and how you can apply them to your own business to bring in those dollar bills!
Daily Reena manages the sales side of the business and part of the admin duties. She started her career as a telemarketer/appointment setter 26 years ago. She quickly transitioned to outside sales and vowed it was so awesome she would learn how to become successful.
When her boys had grown into young men and needed her less, Reena started joining some masterminds and groups of ladies with amazing businesses. Through that process, she learned she had something to offer them to help them grow their businesses. While Reena has had the advantages of learning sales and a process and then starting a business, not everyone has had the same opportunity.
Reena began using her background in high-ticket competitive sales and experience as a business owner to help other entrepreneurs and teams increase their customer base and sales revenue. Reena Philpot Sales Coaching began last year, and now she offers strategy sessions, workshops, and VIP days to those who want results.
- You must first know your value, then you must be able to convey that value to your client.
- Reena discusses her techniques on proposals and contracts.
- When assessing their needs, t’s important to repeat back to the client what you are hearing them say. Repeating their words back to them both clears up any misunderstanding and makes the client feel heard.
- Ask the client if your assessment is corrent. When they say yes, then you can give them a simple solution to their problem.
- Save the little details for the contract. By this time, you have already worked out the details. You will bring the details as backup just in case your client is interested in that leveal of knowledge.
- Using these tactics, it’s simply a conversation between two people about a problem they have and the solution you can give them. There is nothing needy or manipulative about it.
- While the client is absorbing the proposal, give them a moment then ask, “What do you think? Is that what you were thinking?
- If the client doesn’t seem happy with the proposal, ask, “How do you feel about that?” then stay silent and wait for them to speak.
- Find out what’s important to your client. If you give them the opportunity, they’ll tell you exactly how to sell to them.
- Reena shares how she has hand-picked 90% of her customers.
- Reena describes her brilliantly unique sales pipeline.
Connect with Reena!
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Get the Goodies! – For checklists, resources, and extra goodies!
To Get on LuAnn’s Email List, text the word designbiz to 444999!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
Take Advantage of Kravet Inc.’s Extensive Digital Tools & 24/7 Customer Service! Set Up a Virtual Appointment with Your Local Sales Representative: Kravet