What Would Lu Do: My Client Ghosted Me, Again!
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business, it’s time for another episode of “What Would Lu Do?”, where you ask the questions and LuAnn helps out with the answers.
Today’s question comes from Carol Ann Hirvat. Carol worked with a client a few years ago on a $45,000 job that ultimately never went anywhere. Then out of the blue, the client reaches out with an apology and requested for a second chance. Guess what happens after Carol invests another 15 hours into the deal? Yep! So Carol would like to know her next best steps.
Listen in as LuAnn digs into the details, susses out the situation, and lays out her reasoning on the resolutions.
If you are not working with a coach or perhaps you don’t have a business mentor or business bestie to provide guidance, this is the perfect opportunity to email LuAnn the burning issues that you need insight on and she’ll answer them on air. Please send your questions to LuAnn Nigara WWLD!
- LuAnn provides the details around Carol’s situation.
- Giving the benefit of the doubt to the client, consider that there might be other possible reasons for the client’s action other than an ulterior motive.
- Just because Carol gives the client the benefit of the doubt does not mean that the client is off the hook.
- The client owes an explanation, so LuAnn advises Carol to unapologetically check in with the client on a weekly, bi weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis until she gets some answers.
- Carol can still be super kind and respectful while pursuing her answer.
- LuAnn offers some thoughtful strategies regarding reaching out and following up.
- Carol should keep in mind that she can’t force a communication.
- Focus on the positive things about the client and the relationship.
- Remember: Gentle persistence!
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Design-Build For Profit – Coming Late Summer / Early Fall!
With Jenny Slingerland of Black Ink Interiors
Get on the Email List HERE!
Increase Your Confidence, Increase Your Profits
Registration Opening in August, Course Starts in September
The Profit Is In The Numbers 101 with Kathleen Anderson
The Profit Is In The Numbers 102 with Peter Lang
Coming September 2020!
Early Bird Registration Sept 4 – Sept 20
Classes: Sept 22 – Sept 24
Get the Goodies! – For checklists, resources, and extra goodies!
Courses and Products to Dive Deep into Specific Elements of Your Business
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
Book 1: The Making of A Well – Designed Business: Turn Inspiration into Action
Book 2: A Well-Designed Business – The Power Talk Friday Experts
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to This Podcast Sponsor:
Take Advantage of Kravet Inc.’s Extensive Digital Tools & 24/7 Customer Service!
Get 10% Off Any One Purchase of Kravet Fabric, Wallpaper, or Trim!
Use Code at Checkout: awdb10
Be the hero for your clients, and be the solution they need right now.
For quality furniture that can be delivered, fast, easy, and direct to your client:
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!