PTF: Mike Peterson: Leveraging Design’s Influence on Health & Wellness to Increase Your Value Proposition
Welcome to A Well-Designed Business, it’s Power Talk Friday! LuAnn is joined today by Mike Peterson, an experienced marketing and brand consultant who wants to emphasize an opportunity that our community of interior designers seems to be completely missing out on, and that’s the power they hold to improve the health of their clients through health and wellness design. Yes, you heard that right! Mike is here to explain why this is no longer anecdotal.
Mike Peterson is founder of the innovative marketing and brand firm, Visionary Design Marketing. Visionary Design Marketing’s goal is to help companies create tailored, strategic, and effective communications that are founded in a clear understanding of their brand. Brand development is rooted in a customers understanding of a designer’s brand and includes new website, social media communications tools, and the new targeted digital tools such as geofencing, microproximity targeting, and display contextual search.
Visionary Design Marketing is currently leading a developing education in our industry… that interior designers provide much more than aesthetics..they improve the health of their clients!
Mike Peterson’s experience is rooted in years as a leading advertising executive and Publisher at Hearst Magazines, including House Beautiful and Country Living, working with leading national advertisers. Mike’s experience in the home furnishings industry includes President/CEO of LaBarge Furnishings and as Vice President of Corporate Marketing for such companies as Henredon, Lexington, Drexel Heritage, and more. Prior to Visionary Design Marketing, Mike spent 8 years as Publisher of Luxe Magazine. In this role, Mike guided LUXE Magazine into a market leader and served the design industry by helping interior designers, design centers, and luxury design firms better grow marketing strategies for their businesses.
- Designers do not get credit for improving both the physical and mental health of their clients.
- Mike wants to teach designers how to take credit for this “Design Harmony” that is not just a concept, but is now proven by studies the world over.
- Designers should start including the health benefits of design into their marketing. This will also allow them to increase their hourly rate and overall revenue.
- Mike explains the physiological changes that take place when we’re pleased with our surroundings.
- Mike provides designers with the information they need to build a better business using brand differentiation.
- Terminology that you need to know: environmental psychology, sensory design, chromotherapy, neuroaesthetics, shinrun-yoku, and biophilic design.
- Mike offers a CEU class on Design Harmony. There is also a section on how to begin marketing yourself as a health and wellness-based design firm.
- Once designers have a conviction of their real value proposition, they can then start marketing themselves with confidence using all of the correct terminology.
Connect with Mike!
Free PDF: Finding Your Brand Personality
Sign up for CEU Class via Zoom August 13, 2020, only $40.00 per person!
Nature by Design: The Practice of Biophilic Design by Stephen Kellert
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Are you a #babydesigner, #risingdesigner, or a #seasoneddesigner?
Take the “What Level is Your Design Firm” Quiz and Find Out!
Get a list of things to do that day, by the end of the week and by the end of the month, in addition to the best podcast episodes to listen to appropriate to where you are in your business journey!
Closing the Sale Begins at Hello
July 29 & 30, 2020
Go to IWCE Vision to register.
Design-Build For Profit – Coming Late Summer / Early Fall!
With Jenny Slingerland of Black Ink Interiors
Get on the Email List HERE!
LuAnn Live – Coming February 2021
Join the E-Mail List to Get Updates!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
Are You Interested in a 2 Million Plus Mastermind with LuAnn?
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “mastermind” in the subject line.
She’ll set up a call and see if it’s a good fit for you!
The first of 6 monthly meetings start in August, and there are 3 spots open!
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
A Big THANK YOU to This Podcast Sponsor:
When your client wants the finest in luxury appliances for their kitchen:
Are You Set Up with Monogram‘s Design Partner Trade Program?
Other shows mentioned for shownotes: