Power Talk Friday: Natalie Norcross: 5 Things To Do To Get PR
Welcome to, A Well-Designed Business, it’s Power Talk Friday! LuAnn’s guest today is Natalie Norcross, who has a specific road map for how she teaches you how to do your own PR. Public relations is so valuable, and more now than ever, due to the current coronavirus event.
If you’re looking to not only survive but thrive during this economic crisis, you’ll want to keep marketing your firm and learn how to do your own PR. Natalie offers so many good tips, you’re not going to want to miss this!
Natalie is the CEO and Founder of A Design Partnership. Natalie Norcross has over 19 years experience working for Interior Designers, Architects, Builders, Developers, Hotel, and Home Brands and her firm has a demonstrated track record of driving exposure and placements through the PR they produce.
Natalie has appeared on the show in episodes #162 and #506. In episode #506, LuAnn and Natalie talked about the four areas to pay attention to when you are going after press for your design firm. Please go back and listen to both episodes where you will not only pick up some outstanding business advice, but you will also learn a bit more about Natalie and her career.
- Natalie details each of the five things you need to do to get published:
- Be specific! Know your niche.
- Be the face of your brand and be the expert.
- Partner with big names.
- Build a good relationship with the journalists.
- Timing is everything.
- Natalie explains her personality questionnaire that helps you to determine your niche.
- You don’t need an expensive publicist to get published, you just need the tools, the know-how, and who to contact.
- Natalie recommends to her PR members blocking out on their calendars 2-3 hours twice a month on Fridays. This is all the time they will need to spend putting together their pitches, sending them off to editors, and following up.
- LuAnn cautions knowing who you’re pitching to and making sure that your pitch matches their themes. Media NEEDS your content.
- Natalie shares some of the tools that members of her DIY PR Membership Program receive to assist them in getting more exposure.
- Tips and strategies on project organization, partnering, building relationships, and more!
- Media NEEDS your content.
- Natalie is a great resource of information and offers both DIY and a full-service PR firm.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Books Here:
The Making of A Well – Designed Business: Turn Inspiration into Action
A Well-Designed Business – The Power Talk Friday Experts
Is Chairman of the Board Right for YOUR Business?
Are you a #babydesigner, #risingdesigner, or a #seasoneddesigner?
Take the “What Level is Your Design Firm” Quiz and Find Out!
Get a list of things to do that day, by the end of the week and by the end of the month, in addition to the best podcast episodes to listen to appropriate to where you are in your business journey!
Connect with Natalie!
Promo Code for Interior Design PR: Luann
For 20% off your 1st month of membership use Promo Code: luann
For Your Personality Questionnaire That Natalie Mentioned, Please Email:
Natalie’s Full-Service PR Company: A Design Partnership
Download Your FREE e-Books HERE
Blog Post: 5 Things You Can Do To Get Yourself Published Today
A Big THANK YOU to These Podcast Sponsors:
FREE Trial! A One-Stop Shop to Keep Everything Organized!
My Doma Studio: A Well Designed Business
When your client wants the finest in luxury appliances for their kitchen:
Choose Monogram! Are You Set Up with Monogram‘s Design Partner Trade Program?