Communication Between the Designer and the Window Treatment Professional
Welcome to A Well Designed Business! It’s WTF, Window Treatment Friday! In today’s episode, LuAnn and her friend and co-host of WTF, Vita (Vitalia) Vygovska, cover effective communication between the interior designer and the workroom to ensure a successful project.
One of the private Facebook groups that Vita belongs to is the “Soft Furnishings & Upholstery” group. Prior to this show, she posted a query asking for their stories on the topic of communication, both good and bad, that members’ workrooms have had with their designers.
She received some really good feedback on what worked and what didn’t work, and she and LuAnn will be sharing their collective wisdom with you today.
Listen in to take advantage of what others have learned from their experiences, and remember the most important thing of all: communication is key with everything!
Vitalia Vygovska (Vita for short!), CWFP, MBA, is an award-winning window treatment specialist, author, speaker, mom, wife, and a ballroom dance enthusiast.
Her company, Vitalia, Inc, provides all-encompassing concierge-level, tech-driven fabrication, measurement, installation, and project management services exclusively for interior designers.
- Vita explains the difference between the detailed estimate and the top-line budget estimate and discusses the proper information that is required from the designer.
- The right questions contribute to a successful site visit to take measurements and discuss project specifics. It is important for the designer to be present at this visit.
- If you’re a designer or a workroom new to window treatments, make sure meetings happen when all of the important parties are there.
- Considerations when choosing types of fabric.
- You must take ownership and read the detailed estimate, question it, and correct if needed. Some workrooms require the designer to sign it.
- Vita shares her recommendations for managing outstanding issues on the detailed proposal.
- LuAnn offers further suggestions on ironing out all the details.
- Additional communication tips:
- Be clear on who is responsible for what.
- Be clear on terms.
- Use only one way of communicating, preferably email. Be sure to follow up a verbal conversation with a summary email.
- Thank your workroom! And keep them in the loop.
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Book!
Vitalia Inc. Grand Opening!
All are invited to join us for Vita’s grand opening!
June 16th, 4-7pm
LuAnn is excited to be there and all are invited to join!
RSVP at Vitalia Inc Events
To learn more about working with Vita and Vitalia Inc: Vitalia Inc
To learn more & register for Vita’s course: Profit With Window Treatments
Thank You to This Podcast Sponsor:
Open Your Trade Account with ARTICLE.com Here!