Window Treatment Friday: Drapery Hardware
Welcome to A Well Designed Business! It’s WTF, Window Treatment Friday! It’s been a while since LuAnn has had a window treatment episode, so she’s super-excited to have her co-host of WTF, Vita (Vitalia) Vygovska back on the show.
Hardware is the subject of today’s show, and if talking about ripple folds, pinch pleats, stationary rods, rod pockets, and rods with c-rings make your heart beat a little faster, then you’ve found your people!
Drapery rods can be a super-complicated thing, but LuAnn and Vita have a way of making this a fun conversation. Join them in this educational and insightful journey into the world of window treatment hardware.
Vitalia Vygovska (Vita for short), CWFP, MBA, is an award-winning window treatment specialist, author, speaker, mom, wife, and a ballroom dance enthusiast.
Her company, Vitalia, Inc, provides all-encompassing concierge-level, tech-driven fabrication, measurement, installation, and project management services exclusively for interior designers.
- The more knowledge you have on hardware enables you to sell more window treatments.
- There are four main components to drapery hardware: the rod, the finials, the brackets, and the rings.
- The types of rod (or pole) is a basic traverse rod, a decorative traverse rod, and a pole that doesn’t move.
- Vita explains more about each rod and how it functions with drapery.
- LuAnn and Vita sing the praises of Kirsch and its Architrac Ripplefold track.
- Motorized draperies? Yes, it’s a thing!
- Provide your client with ALL of the options, and let them decide what they want.
- LuAnn and Vita address drapery issues that designers run into.
- How to counter a client who asks for a lower price.
- Drapery hardware can add a lot of profit to a job, but it is its own beast in the world of window treatment professionals.
- Distributors are there to help you.
- Familiarize yourself with Kirsch’s website and other drapery hardware websites.
- Window treatments are a great way to make your company more profitable.
- Check out LuAnn’s Live Events! She would love to meet you!
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Book!
To learn more & register for Vita’s course: Profit With Window Treatments
To learn more about working with Vita and Vitalia Inc
To learn more about working with Window Works
To receive a free subscription to Window Fashion Vision Magazine
To attend the IWCE where both LuAnn and Vita will be presenting: IWCE
To learn about the WCAA (Window Coverings Association of America)
To learn about Exciting Windows
Connect with Your Local Kirsch Distributor Now!