Power Talk Friday: Nikki Rausch: The Sales Maven
Welcome to today’s episode of Power Talk Friday, where LuAnn chats with Nikki Rausch, a fellow seasoned sales guru with a passion for the art of selling.
Nikki has the unique ability to transform the misunderstood process of selling into techniques, tools, and tips that can successfully be incorporated into a duplicatable process.
Nikki Rausch is the Founder and CEO of Sales Maven, where she leverages her 25 years of sales experience to help entrepreneurs learn to sell in an authentic way. As a sales coach, trainer, author, and speaker, Nikki teaches her clients how to authentically move people through the selling process in a way that builds relationships, creates true connection, and results in more closed deals and long-term clients.
Her latest book, Selling Staircase, is sure to leave you feeling confidently equipped to develop a genuine sales process that gets those deals closed.
Listen in to this jam-packed conversation to find out more about how showing up from a place of credibility and being more strategic will help you to reach your sales goals.
- Sales is really about creating strong relationships with people.
- LuAnn likens closing a sale with being on a first date.
- Interior Designers often classify themselves as an introvert and therefore don’t develop sales skills.
- Using your own personality is the best way to grow your business.
- Nikki helps clients learn how to use language to attract ideal clients.
- It’s important to be the expert and provide recommendations. You need to be able to explain the “why” so that communication is clear.
- You can talk people out of buying from you if you don’t recognize a buying signal.
- LuAnn and Nikki share personal pet-peeves they have when they’re on the receiving end of a sales pitch.
- Nikki’s 5 Steps of the Selling Staircase:
- Introduction: Establish yourself as a credible source and make a powerful first impression.
- Creating Curiosity: Is this a potential client or colleague? Tip: Are you answering questions in a way that spurs people to want to know more about you? Nikki explains the difference between using a ‘cat-calling’ and ‘dog-calling’ technique to create curiosity.
- The Discovery Phase: Find out what their want/need/problem is, and ask questions that lead to people hiring you.
- The Proposal: As the expert, recommend the services that you think your client needs, and not what you think they can afford.
- The Close: Use closing language and then zip it! Let your prospect respond first. If they raise an objection, be ready to uncover and overcome the “real” objection.
- You, as the salesperson, are not allowed to skip any of these steps. Your client, however, can!
Join us for The Power Talk Friday Tour at High Point Market
Coming Spring 2020!
Sign Up For Updates HERE!
A Well Designed Business Podcast® 4th Birthday Party
New York City, New York
Thursday, March 19th
[5:30] – 7:30pm
Kravet Workspace, 200 Lexington Avenue, Suite 210
LuAnn’s Podcast – Please SUBSCRIBE, Rate & Review!
Purchase LuAnn’s Book!
Connect with Nikki!
Nikki’s Website – Free E-Book ‘Closing the Sale’! Learn why you might be fumbling sales calls and what to do instead, how you can establish yourself as the expert and language to use when asking for the sale.
Nikki’s Sales Maven SocietyFor 10% Off Membership, Use COUPON CODE: luann
Nikki’s Selling Strength Assessment